Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Manager, Energy Efficiency
Account Manager, Energy Efficiency
Beneficial Electrification/HVAC Programs Locations: Remote New York - must be located within traveling distance of Albany, Rochester and/or Syracuse
Ready to make a difference?To support our growth, we are seeking an Account Manager for our Utility Programs and Services (UPS) division to grow ICF’s energy efficiency/beneficial electrification (EE/BE) programs. You will support the management of EE/BE programs, build relationships with clients, foster relationships with key market actors such as HVAC contractors, implement program strategies and plans, as well as support marketing and recruiting strategies.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of the team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and databases for internal tracking
- Assisting in preparation of internal and client facing presentations
- Provide outreach, recruitment, technical assistance and guidance to contractors, retailers and distributors within one or more utility service territories
- Promote energy efficient technologies to both the residential and commercial market segments. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe Trade Ally outreach and account management activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Conduct, coordinate with, or follow up on desktop, remote or in-field Quality Assurance activities, as appropriate, to approve incentive applications and verify installed measures
- Attend client sponsored promotional events at wholesale and retail levels, as permitted based on social distancing and safety guidelines and policies
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- · Bachelor’s degree in Energy Management, Building Science, Construction Management, or a related Engineering field or related work experience
- · 2+ years work experience in Energy Efficiency or HVAC fields
- · Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have:
- Familiarity with HVAC and water heating technologies, building heating and cooling load estimation and HVAC system sizing methodologies
- Experience with the energy efficiency market in the Northeast, especially Upstate NY
- Knowledge of local laws and New York State building and energy conservation codes
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and US or New York State policies on energy efficiency
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies and products (especially residential and C&I energy-efficient measures), as well as energy issues in existing residential, commercial and institutional buildings
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the industry including utility client customers, architects, engineers, contractors, non-profit officials, public officials and other market actors and stakeholders, as necessary to achieve project goals.
- Experience with the Trade Allies working on energy efficiency programs in the Northeast or building relationships with trade allies in similar markets
Professional skills you will use:
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)