Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Executive, Corporate + Public Affairs
ICF Next is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving others' lives and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek to build a culture that encourages, embraces, and is inclusive of all dimensions of difference.
Join the next gen. We’re a new breed – a consulting agency. We combine the creativity of an agency with the depth and expertise of a consultancy. Our team is a mix of mission-driven strategists, marketers, technologists and data scientists, harnessing the insights, creativity and technology that moves people. This is what we call…Accelerated Change, Beautifully Delivered. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Corporate + Public Affairs practice in Chicago. Our ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in corporate communications and/or public affairs, including media relations, internal communications, community engagement, corporate social responsibility and/or issues management. Additionally, we’d like a candidate with proven ability to work with clients on complex, trending issues; familiarity with the food & beverage, finance and/or healthcare industries is a plus.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for a variety of day-to-day activities, including status updates, traditional and social media monitoring and reporting, tracking industry and client-related issues, conducting research for strategy building and business development, etc.
- Regularly communicate with clients to drive workstreams forward and build client trust
- Develop media plans, conduct and coordinate media relations in local and national markets, respond to media inquiries and track media coverage
- Develop messaging, thought leadership content, sales materials/collateral and client communications
- Assist in the planning and coordination of client events, including thought leadership opportunities and media announcements
- Regularly monitor media to mine for potential issues and threats, including legislative and regulatory developments, public sentiment and trends for right time engagement
- Manage timelines and creative deliverables to ensure consistency and impeccable quality
- Fully understand relevant aspects of our clients’ businesses and generate new ideas to solve their communication challenges
- Collaborate on a regular basis with team members across multiple functions and practice areas throughout the agency
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be a versatile team player who enjoys collaboration and problem solving
- Thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be solutions-oriented no matter the challenge
- Experience building client relationships
- Exhibit excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling way in verbal and written form
- Impeccable time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to coordinate projects from inception to completion and meet demanding deadlines
Education and minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications, Journalism, English, Public Affairs, Political Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public relations, corporate communications or other closely related field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)