Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are offering a unique opportunity to deliver a key role within a leading creative agency, responsible for delivering ambitious growth plans. Purpose is at the heart of everything we do, and by delivering in a key role part of the Account Team, you will work alongside SME’s and Programme Managers to influence key client relationships to create broad opportunities to solve our clients biggest challenges.
You will own, nurture and develop relationships with some of the UK and Europe’s biggest brands and Government Agencies in sectors including Financial Services, Technology, Retail and Government. You will understand their biggest communications challenges, including how they communicate with complex internal teams, to their own customers, clients and citizens, and be able to offer leading solutions by bringing the right people and skills together. You will work in collaboration with SME’s and Programme Managers across different disciplines, with a sound understanding of the role each can offer, and act as the ‘client voice’ internally.
Key to this role is building trust with clients through your knowledge of their industries and challenges, and making sound judgements to spot opportunities. You will play an active role in responding to briefs, proposals and pitches, oversee live projects and act as a client escalation point.
ICF Next are at a pivotal point on our growth journey having retained all clients throughout the pandemic, and winning a further 8 new clients. This role is core to strategically focussing and delivering growth opportunities, playing to ICF Next’s core strengths.
Reporting to the Senior Account Director you will own and report on the financial progress of your specific accounts, and support the SAD to strategically progress your accounts and financial performance.
You will work in close alignment with the Business Development and Marketing teams, to ensure knowledge is shared and advise pro active marketing/growth activity.
Objectives of this role
- Increase revenue across specific accounts
- Maximise ICF wide capabilities to existing clients, to provide a broader service offer and increase opportunities
- Provide expertise to clients within specific sectors
- Foster a growth mindset and ways of working across the different business areas within Next UK
- Spot sound opportunities for ICF Next to support clients needs
- Responsible for growth of specific accounts across multiple sectors including public and private
- Actively grow specific accounts through building relationships at a Senior level (Heads of Business Areas, HRD’s, Communications Directors)
- Have knowledge of industry trends and factors relevant to specific clients
- Provide counsel, expertise and trusted advice to senior level clients
- Key influence and delivery into proposals and pitches
- Develop strong knowledge of ICF Next full service offering and capabilities
- Identifying potential areas of growth within existing clients, and move opportunities to briefs
- Responsible for commercial targets and effectively communicating financial reporting
- Responsible for strategic direction, planning and commercial targeting for specific accounts
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years+ of experience within private and public sector-focused consultancies/agencies
- Must be from a communications agency background
- Proven track record of growing specific accounts through focussed activity and relationship building
- A strong ability to communicate, assess situations and build relationships with multiple individuals
- Sound experience in spotting opportunities, pro actively suggesting solutions and creating client briefs
- Demonstrate strong decision making and sound judgement in difficult situations
- The ability and confidence to lead conversations at a Senior Level
Nice to Haves
- Experience with the Financial Services and or Technology Sectors
- Experience in ESG projects/solutions
- A natural ‘people’s person’ with the ability to connect with a variety of individuals with colleagues or clients
- Personable and relatable, someone who can adapt to any given situation in a professional manner
- Motivated with a strong desire to achieve, and is outcome focussed
- A self starter, able to pro actively develop potential opportunities from the ground up
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
London Riverscape (GB75)