Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Advocate, Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
Account Advocate, Residential Energy Efficiency Programs
Job Description: Come join our team as an Account Advocate supporting clean energy programs and under-served communities in Michigan. The Account Advocate role will provide support for field-based staff, the network of Trade Allies, and other program participants, including utility customers/ratepayers, acting as a liaison between the customer service and program management teams.
You will build and manage relationships with manufacturers, retailers, trades, and key community stakeholders aligned with energy efficiency products and services. Working closely with the client and our nation-wide implementation team, you’ll focus on bringing energy efficiency and bill savings to utility ratepayers, including under-served communities, providing safer, more energy efficient homes, and ensuring energy grid stability in the greater Detroit area, and across the State of Michigan.
Do you possess strong communication skills, enjoy interacting with clients and community stakeholders, and have experience with or working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs? Do you enjoy working with a team of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team members, collaborating with national subject matter experts, and bringing it all together to deliver results for your clients? If so, then you have found the perfect job. Apply today!
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Full health benefits, including: flex spending, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, work-life benefits, professional development and education benefits
- Professional development opportunities, including training and educational assistance
- Employee discount programs
- Flexible workplace arrangements
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide support for field-based staff and the network of participating Trade Allies
- Maintain ongoing communications with participating contractors, customers, and consultants
- Clarify and resolve/escalate customer/contractor concerns related to program participation as necessary
- Build industry relationships, provide insights to ensure that programs run efficiently and effectively and constantly respond to changing market conditions
- Collaborate with regional and national teams to provide national cohesiveness and bring efficiencies & best practices to your client’s programs
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to program plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as reallocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Support and track contractor enrollment in programs
- Assist technical teams to ensure QA/QC standards for the program are met
What You Must Have:
- High School diploma with 1+ years of rebate processing experience in technical sector. Examples include; construction, energy, automotive or IT services
- Previous customer service experience in home repair/renovation or equivalent building trades
What We’d Prefer You Have:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Call center experience
- Excellent customer service skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Detroit, MI (MI05)