Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Survey Project Manager
ICF’s Survey Research Practice is home to a talented community of survey researchers building robust solutions for government, university and commercial clients. ICF survey products aim to demonstrate quality, credibility, reliability, innovation, responsiveness, and transparency. We have the largest and most extensive history in conducting the CDC’s youth risk behavior surveys (YRBS); youth tobacco survey (YTS); behavioral risk factor surveillance surveys (BRFSS); and other health surveys at the national, state, community and cross-international level; data coordinating and statistical support services; as well as internationally renowned transformative projects such as the Demographic and Health Survey. The Survey Research team works in close collaboration with global ICF experts conducting research across industries including Health (CDC, NIH, SAMHSA) Education (DoE), Veteran’s Health (VA), Energy/Environment (EPA), Transportation (DoT), Public Health and Housing (HUD), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
ICF is currently seeking a Survey Project Manager to work in its Survey Research practice in our Rockville, MD office. We are looking for an experience project manager with a strong interest in survey methodology, data collection, and business development.
Safety of our employees are our top priority. Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, current employees who can work from home are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more concurrent survey-related projects
- Serve as the key point of contact to clients, providing excellent service, managing expectations, and producing products that demonstrate results
- Actively participate in business development activities—creating innovative approaches to complex studies, managing the proposal process, authoring sections and supporting documentation for technical approaches, developing budget plans and justification, and effective networking across public health associations and professionals to create business opportunities
- Prepare project plans, cost, schedule, and performance using effective project management processes and frameworks
- Identify and coordinate with outside subcontractors, vendors, and internal collaborators
- Create and track project budgets
- Proactively manage a team of cross-matrixed professionals, ensuring smooth team operations and effective collaboration
- Contribute methodological or technical guidance in support of web, offline, paper-and-pencil, in-person, and other data collection activities
- Develop project quality assurance protocols, and ensure quality for all data, reports, and presentations
- Communicate effectively in writing—proposals, analytic reports, issue papers, briefings, and formal and informal email correspondence
- Develop and deliver training curriculum for field staff that ensure compliance with study protocols
- Continuously assess and make recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals
- Update leadership on progress as directed and on regular reporting cycles
- Supervise multiple direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus (social sciences, public health, or business administration preferred)
- 6 years of applied experience in the survey research field
- 2 years of experience in survey project management, including coordinating teams and tasks, tracking completion of activities, managing schedules, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring the quality of work products
- 2 years of experience with MS Office products—Word, Excel, PowerPoint or professional skills
- Understanding of public health and/or the federal marketplace.
- Project management
- Business development
- PMP certification
- Experience using statistical software, such as SAS, SPSS, or R.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong client relationships. Demonstrate customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team member are a must
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Use of videoconferencing or collaborative software
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)