Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Business Process Consultant/ScrumMaster
ICF seeks a Technical Business Process Consultant to lead agile teams for our Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clients. Work experience should highlight public health information systems or clinical health IT business acumen, management consulting, quality management and control and project leadership. The consultant demonstrates a proven track record of successful requirements elicitation, change management and agile project experience focused on quality, risk mitigation and innovation management. Dedicated to excellence in customer service and proven track record of working with federal clients in a professional manner. The candidate should showcase project delivery experience supporting IT and public/clinical health programs and relevant experience in management consulting. Work experience should highlight a proven track record of success in supporting complex, large-scale technology initiatives. The candidate should have strong quantitative, analytical, communication and writing skills. This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 outbreak but will be on-site with our federal clients in Atlanta, GA once CDC Offices re-open.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., computer information systems, information technology, communications, public health, business administration
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business process consulting, management consulting, change management, technology consulting and management
- Experience and comfort leading agile projects (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and working knowledge of scaled agile methodologies (e.g., SAFe); specialized knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks used to manage risks and issues unique to complex technology projects
- Experience leading JAD sessions and documenting the "as-is" and "to-be" requirements in order to translate into epics, features, and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Willingness to understand and showcase product functionality through presentations, guided user training and demonstrations, webinars
- Proven acumen in quality assurance / software testing, leading development team(s) and facilitating working sessions with the clients
- Performs product testing to assure that product changes meet business requirements, and work hand in hand with technical team members to resolve defects.
- Strengthens team's reputation for operational excellence, quality delivery standards and high-performance customer delivery by accepting ownership for work products, while actively exploring opportunities to innovate
- Change management and communication – experienced with defining and executing change management strategies that drive optimal adoption and usage of technology initiatives
- Governance, risk, and compliance – experienced with establishing a foundation (roles, responsibilities, methodology, processes, meeting cadences, etc.) for optimizing risk/issue management and compliance to defined program guardrails.
- Leadership and flexibility – proven ability to lead small, diverse project teams during normal day-to-day operations as well as e.g., emergency response events (e.g., infectious disease outbreaks)
- Ability to develop opportunities, supervise small project teams, and oversee work for clients
- Ability to manage client expectations and balance product development with operations and maintenance; results-driven project lead who aims to achieve a high level of customer service
- Ability to conduct briefings, prepare talking points, status reports and presentations, respond to senior management, and perform other associated duties as required.
- Ability to work effectively with clients using strong customer relationship skills, innovative thinking, and sensitivity to their mission
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Business Administration (MBA), or equivalent, preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP ®), preferred
- Understanding of public health and/or federal healthcare is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of PHII’s Collaborative Requirements Development Methodology (CRDM) and/or
- Working knowledge and proven application of principles and methodologies described in the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK ®) published by the Internal Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA ®)
- Ability to lead a large, diversified program management team, supervise and staff mentorship
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, analytics, and cloud systems
- Experience with the HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of alternatives, technical product selection, systems theory, design thinking, technical design, and practical implementation of technological solutions
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proven leadership ability to in a complex Federal environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)