Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Capture Manager
ICF is a $1.5 billion strategic advisory and digital services provider, but we are not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help our global clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. Guided by our deeply-held values and enduring commitment to corporate and global citizenship, we share a passion for building a more prosperous and resilient world for all.
Help accelerate our positive impact by joining ICF as a Senior Capture Manager. We are looking for an experienced business development professional to help us bring together our diverse capabilities (advisory & strategy, analytics, engagement, program management, technology) and subject matter expertise (climate change, commercial & consumer marketing, disaster management, education, energy, environment, health, transportation, etc.) to drive significant ICF pursuits across our client base.
You will join an impactful corporate team that leads ICF’s largest, integrated, multi-sector, new business capture efforts. You will be responsible for maximizing the win probability on a wide range of opportunities through team leadership, strategic thinking, insightful action, and ultimate accountability. You will drive efforts to win new business, creatively bringing the best of what ICF has to offer to new clients and new markets.
What you will do:
- Lead capture teams, typically engaging in an opportunity at least 12-18 months before a Request for Proposal/Quote/Tender is issued.
- Work with our market intel/research specialists to gather and analyze key insights and information about the client and the problems they are trying to solve, as well as information directly related to the procurement.
- Lead development of the win strategy and identify resources needed to increase the win probability.
- Lead critical capture activities including call planning, competitive analysis, stakeholder analysis, solution development, staffing analysis, teaming, and pricing strategy (including engaging price-to-win as appropriate).
- Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture.
- Source teaming partners and negotiate teaming agreements and work share prior to RFP/etc. release.
- Work with the technical solution lead to develop a technical solution and any related demonstrations that are presented to the client.
- Work with Corporate Marketing to develop any necessary thought leadership, campaigns, or social media activity.
- Develop and implement processes and produce specific deliverables used to ensure that insights gathered through capture are integrated into the resulting proposals, working in coordination with Corporate Growth’s parallel Enterprise Proposal Center as an advisor to the proposal phase, including serving as a color team reviewer.
This fast-paced, team-oriented role requires a resourceful, high-energy Senior Capture Manager with business acumen; experience working across multiple business units, client types, and/or time zones; and an engaging persona. A combination of desire, flexibility, and experience is vital. He/She/They must love to work on challenging puzzles, seeing how the pieces and words of capture fit together at an enterprise level to drive the win.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development, including opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process and winning opportunities.
- A proven record of leading complex, multi-disciplinary capture teams focused on large opportunities and winning business of significant size (>$25 million), with emphasis on mobilizing diverse teams (e.g., interdepartmental, interdisciplinary) to shape solutions and develop win arguments.
- A working knowledge of various procurement and contracting methodologies, contract types and procurement processes.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements.
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and cost proposals.
Additional professional skills and experience:
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work.
- Exceptional communication skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage by influence, gain support, and establish working relationships with clients, program/project managers, technical leads, SMEs, peers, teaming partners and vendors, and staff.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Strong proficiency in MS 365 suite of apps.
What we would like:
- Experience with a diversity of clients (e.g., US federal, US state & local, non-US public, commercial).
- Experience bringing US-based experience to global clients (and/or vice versa).
- Master's degree
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)