Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Contracts Manager to lead a team of contracts administrators in a growing and dynamic group with a broad portfolio that includes federal, state, local, international and commercial contracts.
The ideal candidate will have management experience, a great attitude, a keen eye for detail, be flexible, and willing to think “outside the box” in a fast-paced environment. Solid experience leading business volume/price proposal development will be needed. Currently our team is working from home, but we hope to phase back into the office later this year. This position can be based out of our Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD office.
What you will do:
- Independently handle multiple proposals negotiations, contract award and administration of the resultant contracts in a very fast-paced environment
- Establish effective working relationships with senior account leaders and program team members. Understanding both strategic and operational goals and translates them into effective contracting practices
- Independently develop business/price volumes to address requirements and mitigate risk consistent with sound business practices, company policies, and government regulations
- Proactively assess critical contract obligations and contract provisions, to include gaps and risks. Advise on contract revisions to better meet the needs of the Client and ICF
- Notify management and appropriate Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company, specifically advising on contractual rights and obligations, interpreting terms and conditions and government regulations
- Lead the proper coordination of various types of agreements and other contract/legal documents with other corporate functions, such as accounting, legal, tax, etc
- Manage a team of 5 to 6 people in a fast-paced environment, supporting activities in diverse markets
- Maintain own portfolio of active projects
- Delegate workload among assigned team members to ensure effective and efficient support to proposal and program teams
- Lead proposal reviews to ensure team’s compliance with solicitation requirements and corporate policies
- Provide leadership and oversight of assigned team members to develop negotiation, cost/price proposal and contract administration skills.
- Ensures proactive maintenance of contracts documentation consistent with established ICF practices
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years of experience in contracts administration
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and other federal regulations, as well as experience with state legislation and regulations
- Solid experience writing and managing business/price volume proposals
- Solid experience and skills with various computer programs required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, TEAMS)
Additional professional skills and experience:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive attitude in providing guidance and advice to project teams, as well as to the contracts team
- Ability to build solid business relationships with both internal external customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
What we would like:
- Master's degree or JD
- Experience supporting IDIQs, GWACs, or BPAs
- Experience working with USAID and international non-governmental organizations, and international financial institutions
- State, local or grants experience
- CFCM or CPCM
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals. To grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)