Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Training Strategist & Facilitator
Joining ICF’s Innovation and Transformation Team, you'll develop, manage, and deliver a portfolio of engaging training and enablement programs that support ICF’s workforce in delivering innovation, agility, and human-centered design to their clients and teams.
ICF is a fast-evolving consultancy with a mission to make the world a more prosperous and resilient place. Our Transformation Team works across all of ICF’s lines of business, engaging with people from around the world and with diverse expertise. From new sustainable energy programs, to disaster management, to HR IT modernization, to cybersecurity, our team works to bring ICF’s experts together to solve big challenges through design-driven and rapid-collaboration methodologies (for a full picture of the industries we work in, check out our "Industries and Services" menu on ICF.com)
In order to meet the evolving needs of the future, our team’s mission is to develop and support a workforce that is not only skilled in their subject matter, but is also able to leverage analytics and technology, experience design, agility, prototyping, and facilitation to bring the best possible consultative approach to their clients.
As our Training Strategist & Facilitator, you’ll play a tangible, central role in shaping the future of our growing Transformation Team and in defining what innovation means to ICF and our clients.
A part of your role as our team’s Training Strategist & Facilitator, you may be responsible for developing training programs and enablement tools that include:
- Written articles
- PDF presentations
- Video lessons
- Small-group, workshop-style classes
- Panelist sessions
- Tools, guides, and templates
You’ll work in collaboration with subject experts, on topics including:
- Human Centered Design and Design Thinking theory and processes
- Experience design principles
- Facilitation techniques (and group dynamics)
- Virtual workshop design
- Data storytelling and visualization
- Prototyping and user-testing
Someone who is ambitious, passionate, and creative will have the runway to bring their ideas fruition and deliver them at an exciting scale.
The Transformation Team (and our parent team, Client Services & Innovation) is fun and fast paced; we collaborate often, throw around and debate bad ideas in order to find good ones, laugh through the tough sprints, and support one another in getting exceptional work done. No day, and no solution, will ever be the same.
Our team has members located across the United States, with a hub in Toronto, Canada. We work together remotely on a daily basis using the Office 365 suite (Teams, SharePoint, Outlook) and the digital whiteboarding tool, Mural. When we go back to working in person, there will be travel involved across the U.S. (where the majority of our clients and client teams are) and Canada.
The Transformation team’s Training Strategist & Facilitator will employ an agile and human-centered approach to consult, analyze, develop, and deliver highly engaging and interactive learning, thinking of each delivered component as an ‘experience design.’
Training Design and Delivery:
- Writes compelling, educational documents and communicates program expectations clearly and concisely
- Leverages visual design to communicate and create an engaging learner experience
- Delivers interactive, engaging, high-energy facilitation (virtual and in-person), using collaborative white-boarding and other virtual engagement techniques
- Project-manages instructional design programs from inception to delivery; collecting, synthesizing, and packaging material into asynchronous and live training structures, meeting timelines, setting priorities, and coordinating with decision makers, subject matter experts, and other collaborators
- Partners with other learning professionals and business partners to identify needs and requirements and translate those into effective learning that directly impacts employee success.
Skills, Aptitudes, and Interests:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Energized by engaging with people, delivering remote facilitation-style training
- Values and delivers strong visual and experience design
- Will thrive in an agile, fast-paced, and collaborative team
- Driven and excited to develop new skills and thought leadership on design thinking, Agile, and LEAN principles
- Proficiency with industry-standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline, Captivate, etc.) is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A background in one (or more) of the following is preferred:
- Design Thinking/HCD
- Experience design
- Formal training in Instructional Design or Experience Design preferred
- Virtual and/or in-person group facilitation experience required
- Project and stakeholder management experience required
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including video, micro-learning, and immersive scenarios required
Why you’ll love working here:
- Great health benefits (100% dental coverage and great coverage for prescription, vision, massages, physio, etc.)
- Generous vacation
- RRSP matching plan
- Employee support program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
Once we are back in the office:
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events, from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)