Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Staff Accountant - Revenue Recognition
ICF is currently seeking a Revenue Recognition Accountant. We are looking for an energetic, team player with an interest in revenue recognition. ICF is an excellent, fast-paced working environment where you will have an opportunity to work across dynamic teams throughout the company.
You will support the revenue recognition team in many ways including analytics and other ad-hoc functions as well as provide support on due diligence activities related to new contracts and contract modifications and will be expected to quickly get up to speed on the entire revenue cycle process. Currently, our team is working from home, but we hope to phase back into working from our Headquarters office in Fairfax, VA later this year.
What you will do:
- Prepare for and participate in monthly revenue meetings and review of monthly revenue which consists of analytical review of monthly revenue trends
- Prepare and maintain supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists and spreadsheets for all new and existing projects
- Support leadership in working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance of quarterly revenue accounting and facilitate year-end financial audit request
- Aid Senior Manager and Managers to implement company-wide revenue accounting procedures and practices to ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Provide support and analytics to help leadership in Revenue and across ICF make better decisions regarding revenue recognition
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for dissemination to Operations
- Track metrics on new setups, modifications and other outstanding SOX deliverables from CMS and Cognos
- Data entry of manual revenue adjustments into Costpoint
- Review and sign off on Standard Time & Material Projects
- Prepare quarterly tracker for at-risk projects
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- 1+ years of related experience with accounting and financial reporting
- Detail oriented and strong documentation skills
- The ability to handle multiple tasks
- Solid Microsoft Office experience with strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
What we would like:
- Experience in revenue recognition for various contract types (Cost Plus, T&M, FPLOE and FP)
- Experience working with government contractors or a global public company
- Experience with major ERP system (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, Deltek/Costpoint)
- SOX process experience
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)