Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Durham, NC or Fairfax, VA
To support the web applications and tools used to support our expanding client base, we are seeking a Web Developer to work in the Health Sciences Practice. This group of 80+ science professionals provides toxicology, hazard assessment, epidemiology, risk assessment, exposure assessment, life cycle assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and semi-volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment.
This position will be located in Durham, NC or Fairfax, VA and will involve working closely with junior and senior scientists in this office and elsewhere. This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
- Development of code and user interfaces to support systematic literature review software & text analytics applications.
- Proposing and implementing techniques to streamline literature searches and data acquisition from environmental health literature.
- Database and application management using SQL, noSQL, Python, and Java.
- Creating and maintaining programming documentation.
- B.S. in computer science or related field.
- Experience with one or more object-oriented languages, such as Java or Python.
- Experience with a database platform such as SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and/or NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent organizational and project/task management skills, including attention to detail, ability to work independently, and ability to multi-task under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to interact with scientists to gain familiarity with the application content.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- The ideal candidate will have a diverse programming base with expertise or familiarity with the following:
- Experience with web frameworks like Spring, Flask, or Django.
- Experience maintaining applications on the Amazon Web Services cloud, Google Cloud Services or Azure.
- Experience with data interchange formats and technologies (JSON & XML), including creation/consumption of REST services.
- Experience with automation-based testing with Selenium or Cucumber.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)