Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Community Development Specialist (ON-CALL Role)
Senior Community Development Specialist (ON-CALL Role) - Housing & Community Development
Your passion is supporting communities with implementing best practice strategies to provide low and moderate income clients with housing assistance, including housing counseling. At ICF you can put that passion into action by joining our team of experts working to support our work in housing counseling. We partner with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide technical assistance. This position is ON-CALL (part-time with variable hours; 10 to maximum 30 hours per week) and work remote. Assignments are made on a demand-response basis so hours are completely variable. Apply today to become part of our great team of experts!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with a diverse set of stakeholders including housing counseling agencies (HCAs) receiving technical assistance through HUD’s Office of Housing Counseling and other industry partners
- Focus work is incredibly diverse within HUD’s Housing Counseling program, including certification, delivery of services including rental housing counseling, foreclosure prevention, reverse mortgages, etc.
- Develop/deliver training sessions, conference presentations, workshops, and webinars
- Facilitate technical assistance engagements, either in-person or virtually through web-based software
- Focus on best practice strategies related to housing counseling programs.
- Contribute to the design of tools, drafting of reports, and development of policy guidance
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing a racial equity lens throughout work products, webinar deliveries, etc.
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities, writing proposals, and managing contracts as requested
- This is a home-based position and up to 25% travel may be required
Basic Qualifications you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Planning, Public Policy, Government or a related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in similar field
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge in HUD’s Housing Counseling Program, the housing counseling and mortgage industry, etc.
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering trainings, workshops and webinars; facilitation, and public speaking to a variety of audiences
- HUD Certified Housing Counselor
- Experience and expertise in other federal mainstream housing and services programs
- Broad knowledge in Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity laws and requirements
- A commitment to affordable housing and serving all of those who are under-served
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Ability to multi-task with various projects and responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)