Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Unaccompanied Minor Children Expert
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will provide a wide range of consulting services based on recognized experience and expertise in Refugee Resettlement and Unaccompanied Minors. SMEs work directly to provide training, consultation, and product development services. They might also be called upon to work directly with providers of resettlement and immigration services.
Desired areas of expertise include workforce development, change management, CQI, training, preventing sexual abuse, refugee resettlement, unaccompanied children, immigration services, youth assessment, risk assessment, and shelter care.
- Provide expertise in desired areas listed above in consulting with agency or organizational staff on best practice
- Provide expertise in the development of products, events, training, marketing and dissemination, and tool development
- Travel to assigned jurisdictions as needed depending on needs of work plan
- Provide monitoring and reviews of congregate facilities as assigned
- Contribute to regular project reporting and support for activities related to the project’s evaluation, including data collection and continuous quality improvement efforts
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in social work, public administration, or relevant field
- 8 to 10 years professional work experience with at least 7 years of experience in providing training/technical assistance in Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (URM) or Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC)
- Considerable experience involving data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of and experience implementing the cycle of Continuous Quality Improvement, including: identification and analysis of the problem, development of a theory of change, intervention selection and implementation, and ongoing program monitoring
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge of URM or UAC services, how they operate (including differences in structure and organization, processes and administration, and methods of service provision), management practices (including continuous quality improvement), and roles and relationships with local and community-based agencies, courts, and other organizations serving migrant families and children
- Knowledge of or familiar with State and Federal legislative processes (e.g., rule-making, working with legislators)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with peers, colleagues, consultants, and professional staff
- Exceptional project management skills with a focus on technical assistance project management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to gather, organize, and synthesize information for application in technical assistance delivery
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)