Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Markets Analyst
ICF is seeking qualified junior analysts to support our expanding energy team in the areas of electric power, petroleum, and natural gas markets. You will contribute to the development of innovative, high quality analysis products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The team’s primary services involve leveraging ICF’s energy sector research, data, and proprietary analytical tools to inform client strategy, assess policy impacts, or perform due diligence on energy infrastructure investments or acquisitions.
ICF’s energy market consulting engagements typically integrate market analysis, resource assessments, infrastructure studies, and financial analysis to analyze energy market trends, regulatory impacts, and investments. Typical projects can include fuel and power supply and security analysis, forward assessments of renewable fuels for transportation and power, greenhouse gas inventory and decarbonization analysis, and due diligence on energy assets in transitioning markets. ICF’s clients include federal, state and local government clients and commercial entities.
This position is located at our headquarters office in Fairfax, VA, with some client-site assignments in Washington D.C. (Post-COVID)
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing on specific technical or economic issues related to energy infrastructure and markets
- Compile and analyze data to highlight trends or to be used as inputs in engineering or economic models
- Develop reports and presentations to convey key analytic findings to internal and external clients
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or related subjects, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- At least 2 years of experience in the energy sector in one or more targeted areas
- Excellent research and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly
- Strong quantitative skills, specifically database management and data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- US Citizenship required
- Knowledge of electric power, petroleum, natural gas, or renewable energy markets and infrastructure.
- Experience using economic modeling or GIS software
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)