Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
The Mid-Level Biologist will participate in and lead field tasks such as botany surveys and vegetation mapping, biological habitat assessments, nesting bird surveys, construction monitoring, mitigation monitoring, and provide plant identification support for jurisdictional delineations. They will be responsible for the delivery of a range of environmental consulting services, including general biological study reports, CEQA/NEPA documentation, jurisdictional delineations, project task management, and QA/QC. This person will coordinate with technical and planning staff to manage field surveys and teams, prepare environmental documents, and implement mitigation and monitoring programs.
What you will do
- Perform field work primarily related to botanical, wildlife, restoration and aquatic resources tasks;
- Plan and organize field teams and surveys;
- Perform task management of project deliverables, personnel allocation/planning, and technical approach;
- Author biological documents, reports, technical memorandums, and other work products;
- Implement environmental programs, including, but not limited to, mitigation monitoring programs and construction monitoring programs;
- Communicate with client field contacts, ICF senior biologists and project managers; and
- Must be able to travel to field sites in, but not limited to, Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego and Ventura Counties.
What you must have
- A BA/BS in Botany, Biology, Ecology, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the environmental/consulting field
- Experience conducting botanical, wildlife and/or avian surveys in Southern California and knowledge of local and rare plant species.
- Ability to lead field efforts
- Strong writing and written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to respond timely to deployment requests (i.e., sometimes next day)
- Ability to travel to field sites in Southern California and occasionally assist with surveys in rugged, undeveloped terrain
- Understanding and working within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- MS degree
- Experience in plant identification, botanical surveys, vegetation mapping, avian surveys and jurisdictional delineations
- Well-rounded biologist with some wildlife survey experience including avian nest surveys and monitoring
- Experience preparing and providing review of technical reports
- Experience in Task Management: implementing task management processes, techniques, and tools related to cost and schedule management, documentation/data management, high quality deliverable drafting, quality control/quality assurance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Irvine, CA (CA79)