Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager
Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager
As a senior-level Air Quality and Climate Change Specialist, you will be leading air quality and greenhouse gas emissions inventory development, health risk assessments, photochemical and dispersion modeling, environmental impact analysis, climate action planning and report preparation for land use development, infrastructure, and roadway projects. You will help direct and review work of ICF air quality specialists, providing guidance, peer review support, and quality assurance. This position may also include leadership of ICF’s Municipal Climate Action Planning Practice, including business development to identify and position ICF to successfully bid for new opportunities, as well as managing and overseeing climate action plan preparation. Position available in Sacramento or San Francisco, CA or the option to work remotely in Northern CA is available.
What you will Do
- Lead the air quality and greenhouse gas analysis for complex and controversial land use development, infrastructure, and roadway projects and plans subject to CEQA and NEPA.
- Provide mentorship to junior level staff, including guidance in best analytical and writing practices, as well as directly reviewing calculations, modeling, and reports.
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems and develop innovative measures to avoid project-level impacts to air quality or climate change.
- Coordinate directly with clients and their legal counsel, air quality management districts, and agencies to secure data, communicate results, and discuss mitigation.
- Research and interpret air quality and climate change legislation, rules, and legal decisions; where necessary, develop internal and external guidance.
- Draft compelling CEQA proposals and represent the air quality and GHG resource discipline in project interviews.
- Support our growing climate action planning practice by leading business development and managing new projects.
- If desired, this position may include formal supervision of staff.
What you will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Science/Meteorology, Chemistry, Physics, or related subjects with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- 10+ years of experience leading air quality and GHG impact analyses pursuant to CEQA/NEPA.
- Fundamental understanding of state and federal air quality and climate change environmental policy and regulation (CEQA, NEPA, SB 32, Clean Air Act, general and transportation conformity).
- Forward thinking and able to provide creative approaches for advancing air quality and greenhouse gas emissions planning and reduction.
- Demonstrated experience with emissions (e.g., EMFAC, CT-EMFAC, CalEEMod, OFFROAD, MOVES) and dispersion (e.g., AERMOD) models.
Professional Skills you will Need
- Ability to independently complete air quality and GHG technical analyses, including data collection, modeling, and report writing.
- Ability to direct and review the work of others, providing guidance and mentorship.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent quantitative, modeling, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)