Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are looking for a Business Management Specialist to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. This position will work on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership and highly specialized support and technical guidance for program operations.
- Assessing and applying multiple organizational and management improvement techniques in a government environment.
- Developing, reviewing, and analyzing project management documents which include, but not limited to, Project Charters, Project Management Plans, Risk Management Plans, Communication/Training Plans, Business Cases etc. as required and according to organizational standards.
- Ensuring transparent and effective communications between the Business and Information Technology to support project planning, risk mitigation, change management, and issue resolution.
- Formulating and defining strategies, business processes, system scope, and objectives for programs and projects through research and factfinding activities.
- Conducting market research, evaluating product solutions, applying scoring frameworks, and developing financial estimates for product recommendations.
- Conducting workshops, facilitating meetings, preparing documents and executive briefings, and proposing recommendations.
- Facilitating and conducting workshops to analyze business needs in an effort to document business requirements, use cases, user stories, pain points, and as-is and to-be processes.
- Applying strategic thinking in recommending process improvement and reengineering methodologies.
- Analyzing, proposing, and developing business, data, and hybrid enterprise architecture models.
- Identifying best practices, documenting and assessing performance measurements, and recommending business and technology solutions to streamline processes.
- Leading cross-functional teams to address business and system problems using solid systems architectural and systems engineering principles.
- Providing assistance with procurement activities.
- Maintaining and presenting project status reports.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or business management
- 10 years of management experience to include business process management, financial reporting, and IT project management.
- Demonstrated experience with gathering requirements, compiling metrics, assessing solution readiness, performing research and analysis, and providing program support.
- Demonstrated understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts including, but not limited to, strategic information gathering, technological research and data-driven process improvements, target architecture, and sequencing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and participate in formal and informal management activities throughout the project life cycle.
- Demonstrated mastery in independently applying business analysis, strategic thinking, scoping, requirements elicitation, business process modeling, requirements management, and feasibility and cost benefit analysis on moderately to highly complex projects.
- US Citizenship (required by federal government).
- Master’s degree computer science, information systems, or business management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and personal skills with ability to present to groups, including C-level executives.
- Ability to understand people, processes, and technologies to address business need for process improvements.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Teams, and Visio)
- Working understanding of federal IT services models and frameworks to support the project team to meet client requirements.
- Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership to set and manage realistic program goals and metrics.
- Operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Experience using Tableau, Power Apps, Azure DevOps, Salesforce, Appian, and ServiceNow
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)