Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Account Manager, Energy Efficiency - MD
Account Manager, Energy Efficiency
Serving the Baltimore, MD Region
We are currently seeking energy efficiency program Account Managers to join our Midatlantic energy efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program. Your role will be to increase the number of actively participating commercial customers in the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program, focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses.
You will develop a sales strategy based on your proven experience, building a pipeline of projects across specific sectors. Pivotal to driving success is a keen understanding of the unique sales process that is needed for this Program and the ability to identify key drivers to success in a multitude of scenarios.
Additionally, you’ll collaborate with the necessary departments to ensure applications are processed in a timely manner, adhering to customer expectations. You’ll use your finely tuned communication skills to engage in discussions with various teams to assist with revolutionizing the sales process.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of energy efficiency projects is successfully executed.
- Serve as both "Hunter" and "Consultative Sales Professional", often at the same time.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to several stakeholders including customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and other trade allies participating in BGE’s commercial program. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Review commercial grade technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the energy industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, builders, public officials, public interest groups, building owners and utility customers.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals through customer participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- a combination of sales and/or energy efficiency experience
- Ability to travel throughout the Baltimore, MD region
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies and products, as well as energy issues in both existing homes/buildings as well as new construction C&I and multifamily buildings
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the commercial energy efficiency industry including key stakeholder groups within the region
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Baltimore, MD area
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED other industry certifications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)