Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next Communications Manager who can take charge and spearhead our communications efforts with our federal energy client portfolio.
You’ll make a real impact working with directly with our U.S. Department of Energy clients to address and solve key their key issues, drive change, and grow our business. As our next communications manager, you’ll work in lock step with account team leaders and our federal clients to plan, develop, and implement innovative strategies and programs to help them achieve their missions.
You’ll have federal, state, and local communications experience in the energy sector and are passionate and knowledgeable about pressing issues, engaging with key partners, and honing messages that are spot on. If you have prior experience growing existing government programs, we'd love to talk to you. Position is based in the D.C. Metro area. Minimal travel is required.
As a Communications Manager, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of government clients to support internal and external communications and marketing strategies and delivery
- Effectively organize and communicate ideas for maximum impact when writing, presenting, or speaking. Identify and seek to solve operational barriers and facilitate teamwork across organization
- Evaluate clients’ current communications activities and leverage best practices to make recommendations
- Develop and drive multi-channel communication plans and campaigns that shape how our clients connect with audiences, including internal stakeholders, partners, academia, and the general public
- Develop high-impact communications products, driving projects from concept to completion, including coordinating with internal creative and technical teams to ensure projects and deliverables are developed on time and within budget
- Create processes to review results and apply lessons learned to future projects
- Mange activities which include facilitating strategic discussions, writing, tracking deliverables, and aiding with general management and organizational activities
- Coordinate and document collaboration opportunities across work teams to ensure alignment, eliminate redundancies, and ensure overall timeliness and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of previous relevant experience
- Proven communications and marketing experience in the energy sector, preferred
- Understanding information technology as it relates to increased efficiency in business processes across a company or agency
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience in Salesforce Market Cloud/Social Studio and email platforms is a plus
Job Location(s): Within the current COVID-19 landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit onsite at our Fairfax, VA office headquarters when remote working guidelines are lifted.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)