Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Consultant - DER Analytics
Consultant : Analytics
Distributed Energy Resources Analytics Team
New Delhi, India
Want to make a difference? Then come work for ICF, where we combine passion for our work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results that help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
In the energy market, ICF helps public and private sector clients in the US develop comprehensive energy strategies and establish sustainable programs to deliver and maintain energy. Our leading experts have been embedded in every corner of the energy industry providing strategic planning, data analysis, and implementation services. The DER Analytics group is focused on developing solutions to support the entire DER lifecycle to achieve our clients’ energy, environmental and policy objectives.
To support our growth, we are hiring for consultant position to work in our DER Analytics practice. You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The DER Analytics team is a leader in US Utility DER planning, program design, and program implementation analytics. Our thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and our ability to connect the practical on the ground experience enables us to help clients make big things possible.
At ICF you will have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and prior industry experience, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, and grow your content knowledge and consulting skills. Analytics consultants advance in our practice by developing an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact in their area of competence.
- Develop a process to assess Distributed Energy Resources (DER) value for US utilities and/or government agencies
- Develop internal- and external-facing tools and workflows that enable strategic decision-making process
- Assist with developing and designing innovative DER program strategies and roadmaps
- Support strategic decisions by evaluating and benchmarking DER program
- Oversee market research on various DER technologies including measure adoption, saturation, feasibility, etc.
- Develop advanced energy saving calculations and economic analyses for the residential and commercial sectors supporting utility DER programs
- Manage and analyze large datasets using advanced Excel functions; presenting analytical outputs using PowerBI, R and/or Python visualization tools
- Prepare and present persuasive presentations and short reports to stakeholders
- Co-author reports and other client deliverables, journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces
- Manage clients and projects
- Work in cross-functional teams to build and improve processes
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building Science, Energy Management, Energy Policy and Planning, or related subjects
- 2+ years of related energy industry experience, including experience in DER technology assessment (e.g. EE, DR, Solar and Storage)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including programming experience
- Understanding of economic valuation such as NPV and IRR analysis, and utility cost-effectiveness tests
- Knowledge of evaluation, measurement, and verification methodologies and protocols
- Understanding of building science, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including advanced programming experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with data handling, transformation and analysis; experience with data science, and machine learning in Python or R
- Experience with statistical analysis and inference
- Experience and knowledge of renewables, and energy storage systems
- Experience with energy modeling tools (e.g., OpenStudio, EnergyPlus) and developing new measures in Ruby
- Knowledge of energy policy and regulation especially related to DER and/or DSM. Experience in regulatory and public stakeholder processes would be highly valued.
- Experience with business development and client development
- Experience with energy saving evaluation, measurement and verification methods and protocols (e.g. IPMVP)
- Advanced programming/scripting skills, cloud architecture, HTML, PowerBI
- Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems and related energy use in residential and commercial construction
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
- Ensures that information flows effectively to others
- Identifies, collects and analyzes the information needed to solve a problem effectively
- Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)