Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Health Sciences - Senior Quality Assurance Manager
To support ICF’s dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking an On-Call Senior Quality Assurance Manager to work in our Health Science Portfolio. This group of 80+ science professionals provides toxicology, hazard assessment, epidemiology, risk assessment, exposure assessment, life cycle assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and semi-volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment using published literature, analysis of existing data, modeling approaches, and other information-based approaches.
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager will provide senior-level guidance in developing and implementing contract- and project-level quality programs to ensure that projects completed in support of federal agencies (such as U.S. EPA and NIEHS) in assessing the human health and environmental impacts of pollutants are scientifically sound and meet all appropriate quality requirements, including relevant Agency- and contract-specific requirements.
- Provide a consistent and efficient approach to Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) across the Portfolio to ensure efficiency, achievement of all performance metrics, and technical defensibility of all work products.
- Serve as ICF’s contract-level Quality Assurance Manager for multiyear mission support contract(s) for the U.S. EPA and other federal agencies. In this role:
- Assess contractual quality requirements and ensure that these are met
- Provide senior level guidance in the development and maintenance of Quality Management Plans (QMP)
- Assist technical staff in developing and revising Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs)
- Coordinate with client-side counterpart for quality-related matters, including approvals of QAPPs.
This is a flexible part-time position, expected to require approximately 5-10 hours per week. This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work. Further, the majority of health science projects completed by ICF do not involve conducting laboratory or field work (however, we do engage in evaluation, analysis, and use of data collected through lab and field studies).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or related subject with focus on human health hazard and risk assessment
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Quality Assurance professional, preferably focused on environmental and health sciences
Experience with QA/QC at U.S. EPA and other government programs
- Thorough understanding of the QA requirements of agencies such as the U.S. EPA particularly covering sampling and analysis, assessment of secondary (existing) data, data entry and analysis, computer modeling, software development, and review of reports and deliverables.
- Ability to define and document quality assurance processes
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and communicate effectively under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)