Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager - Power & Renewable Energy
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Power and RE expert in the role of Manager in our New Delhi office. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s energy market business, building on our established team and leveraging ICF’s broad energy sector capabilities in energy markets.
The candidate should have a strong academic background, experience of working in power and RE; have an ability to quickly learn and master new concepts; an ability to establish and nurture relationships with clients; ability to think logically and also creatively; work independently; and at the same time have the ability to contribute as a team player; and most importantly have a result oriented approach to completing tasks.
- Project execution - lead assignments in power and Renewable energy with a team of analysts and researchers.
- Client management – be the lead for delivering high quality output on or before time to clients. Be the face of ICF for client delivery. Follow Client-first approach.
- Business development - support the Power and RE division lead in generation of new business by initiating client contact, generating leads, leading proposal writing.
- Thought leadership – publish regular whitepapers, articles and present at events on Power and RE topics that are current and bring deep insights
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) or Economics from tier-1 institutions.
- Masters degree in Economics, Management or technical (MTech) field
- Qualifications/ certifications related to data sciences will be desirable
Technical skills required
- Very strong modelling skills and expertise in using MS Excel supported with programming knowledge (VB for instance) to exploit the full functionality of excel
- Ability to make compelling presentations – short, crisp and attention-grabbing presentations that are logically structured to make desired impact.
- Extensive experience of working in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of linear optimization / production cost models / applied microeconomics
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques (Monte-Carlo simulation etc.)
- Minimum 7 years of total experience in power and RE sector – either in consulting or with developers or a mix
- Atleast 2-3 years of consulting/ research/ analytics experience in Power and RE
- Experience with nodal electricity market and power market modeling tools (e.g., PROMOD, GE MAPS etc.) will be preferred
- Strong team player – who views shared success as personal success
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities – proactive attitude when data or information is not fully available
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)