Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Information Specialist/Systems Librarian
ICF is seeking an Information Specialist/Systems Librarian to support National Library of Medicine. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all staff are currently teleworking. Once staff can return to work in-person the position will be onsite at NIH in Bethesda, MD, with some teleworking optional.
ICF assists the National Library of Medicine’s with a variety of consultant and support services. We are currently recruiting a systems librarian to support DOCLINE® which is the National Library of Medicine's automated interlibrary loan (ILL) request routing and referral system. The purpose of the system is to provide efficient document delivery service among libraries in the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM). We are looking for an information specialist with technical skills and experience in library and resource sharing services to join ICF and the DOCLINE team.
Duties may include:
- Working closely with NLM staff, including in weekly and standup meetings, to develop, manage and support the DOCLINE system. Assists with creating specifications for features and enhancements. Help test and suggests improvements to existing and newly developed system features.
- Participate in the design, development, and testing of DOCLINE, including the website and future APIs, and producing documentation for external audiences. Support Section 508 compliance of all materials.
- As needed, assist with improvement of DOCLINE which may include providing recommendations for layout and organization of the DOCLINE website, and support for the development and enhancement of systems (by testing enhancements to the user interface, etc.).
- As needed, develop, and deliver presentations and training to various audiences to increase the awareness and usage of DOCLINE.
- Provide customer service support to users of the DOCLINE system. This may include logging in to the website and other various problems.
- Monitor system alerts and trouble notifications. Reports issues to developers and users, as needed.
- As needed, develop materials such as brochures, promotional materials, training materials, and materials for NLM staff to use in presenting these resources at conferences and meetings and leverage approved social media channels to promote DOCLINE.
- At least 3 years of relevant (to the duties listed above) professional level work experience
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
- Knowledge of Interlibrary loan or resource sharing
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with database design and development
- Experience monitoring system performance, error messages and customer feedback
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology and experience providing technical troubleshooting
- Experience working with developers on defining and writing acceptance criteria for system features
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge or experience with the DOCLINE system
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- Knowledge of or experience with work management tools such as Jira
- Experience with defining timelines/roadmaps for releases and feature prioritization
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology for use with agile story mapping and workflow process mapping
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)