Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Data Analyst
ICF’s Behavioral and Global Health team is seeking a Public Health Data Analyst to provide data management and analytic support on a range of projects in the area of global HIV/AIDS. This is an exciting opportunity to work side by side with the Centers for Diseases and Prevention (CDC) teams in using PEPFAR data to drive better programs, promote evidence-based planning and impact, and ensure sustainability, accountability, and improved patient outcomes.
Successful candidates should have experience in leading data management tasks including processing, coding, reviewing data, and producing written technical documentation. Additionally, they will have experience conducting univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis. Experience is global health is required.
The position is currently remote. Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted the successful candidate will work at the CDC offices in Atlanta, GA.
- Develop efficient solutions to complex data management problems
- Develop and implement quality control procedures
- Develop documentation including data user’s guides, codebooks, and public use dataset documentation
- Produce reports and visualizations, including data quality reports
- Create, update, and conduct statistical analyses for routine and ad hoc reports (e.g., logistic and/or linear regressions, survival analyses, propensity score matching)
- Provide technical assistance to international partners (e.g., PEPFAR implementing partners, Ministries of Health) in the areas or data collection, management, and analysis)
- Completed Master’s degree program in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, or other relevant statistical or social science field
- At least 5 years of applied and demonstrable data management experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data transformation and validation procedures
- Strong knowledge of R or SAS
- Strong knowledge of MS ACCESS and MS Excel
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Experience in global health (experience in global HIV/AIDS and PEPFAR is strongly preferred)
- Advanced statistical software certification (e.g. SAS)
- Knowledge of CSPro is highly desirable
- Knowledge of other software packages such as SPSS, Stata, EpiInfo, Power Bi, and ArcGIS
- Familiarity with PEPFAR DATIM and Panorama is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills as it pertains to data quality and programming
- Experience working on projects funded by the U.S. Government (CDC experience is highly desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)