Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We seek to hire a Research Specialist to support formative, process, and summative evaluations that guide the planning, implementation, and revision of national health communications and social marketing efforts.
Job Location: Within the current COVID-19 landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit onsite at our Rockville, MD office location when remote working guidelines are lifted.
As a Research Specialist you will:
- Develop recruitment and data collection materials (e.g., surveys or interview guides).
- Conduct sampling (e.g., develop literature review search terms and interview/survey inclusion/exclusion criteria and draw samples).
- Conduct data collection (e.g., extract information from the literature review sources, facilitate interviews, or coordinate survey data collection).
- Conduct data analysis (e.g., code text using software such as NVivo, or analyze campaign outcome data in SPSS, SAS, or some other software program).
- Create reports and presentations (e.g., draft white papers or develop data visuals using software such as Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint).
- Present research plans, updates, or findings at client meetings.
- Lead purchasing, subcontracting, and consulting requisitions by obtaining and comparing vendor and consultant quotes, establishing suitable justifications, developing or modifying forms, and processing payments.
- Lead research review processes (e.g., IRB or OMB approval).
- Contribute to project proposals and research plans that describe project purpose, methods, and staffing and provide an estimated timeline and budget.
As a Research Specialist will have:
- Master’s degree in public health, the social sciences, or the biological sciences
- 5+ years of experience in social science research
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Peer-reviewed literature and citation management software (e.g., EndNote)
- Statistical software (e.g., SAS, Stata, or SPSS)
- Qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)