Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Software Developer with prior military, civil service and/or contractor experience within HQ Air Combat Command (ACC), and/or 16 AF staff/subordinate units. Candidate will provide software support and technical expertise. ADAPTS is the ACC Optimizing the Human Weapon System (OHWS). The ADAPTS is a program human performance tracking system that is built primarily using a SMARTABASE backbone. The ACC OHWS has embedded Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists, and Strength and Conditioning Coaches within fighter squadrons and wings in order to provide full spectrum support focused on the prevention of aircrew neck and back pain. ADAPTS will be the system that documents all encounters between embedded OHWS personnel and fighter aircrew. ADAPTS, a synchronized support system, is needed to consistently measure both individual and team performance to clearly understand the continuous, measurable impact of performing and operating in high risk, high stakes conditions over time to ensure aircrew sustain the highest levels of readiness. This capability will be phased IAW designated timelines negotiated with the contractor and Government to ensure organized priorities of work. The system shall be scalable, with the end goal of capturing an aircrew member’s entire career. ADAPTs will be designed, supported and managed in coordination with Government stakeholders.
Duties include support for all traditional elements of A-Staff support within a MAJCOM, coordination from the strategic level to operations level of war. In addition, there are numerous technical opportunities across the USAF’s cyber weapon systems portfolio. The workplace is at ACC headquarters, Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Virginia.
Candidates shall execute under the direction of government representatives the development, validation, implementation and synchronizing of ADAPTS, to capture a comprehensive performance profile of a fighter aircrew member’s career.
Candidates will standardize and optimize system and human performance optimization designs and architectures; identify and coordinate emerging technology solutions and technology integration opportunities; implement innovative industry best practices and technologies that maximize efficiencies and cost savings; develop new systems while migrating infrastructure capabilities to meet mission requirements and improve operational efficiency of operators and their associated combat support teams; deliver system and infrastructure capabilities that scale to meet enterprise demand with the least re-engineering effort possible; and facilitate and monitor the ADAPTS equipment integration, interoperability, and synchronization of enterprise-wide systems and infrastructure solutions and services.
Key Tasks to be accomplished:
The ADAPTS Builder develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software. This role develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. Specific duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Product visualization
- Algorithm development
- System scaling
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Ensure data input and output is possible on commercial mobile and desktop platforms as well as on Government operating systems.
- Work with designated military, civil service and subcontractors associated with designated units, to identify data management needs and create needed tools and instruments to support their requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to track routine training and evaluations, to include physical and psychological assessments.
- Provide a data management service that enables coaches and supervisors the ability to add notes into the database. Contractor shall ensure identified and approved personnel have access to these notes.
- Able to evolve with the Government as requirements and technology changes.
- Provide initial skills and ongoing training to data management system users.
- Develop reports and custom requests for users.
- Assist with application and user support when needed.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of ADAPTs.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications without supervision as well as under direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing version.
- Performs custom programming at customer request.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
What you need to be considered:
Experience/knowledge of a full range of USG cyberspace operations principles, directives, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, operating, managing, and maintaining services and capabilities that support functional requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology or equivalent
- Three or more (3+) years of experience supporting software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Three or more (3+) years of experience supporting human performance software development
- Active Secret government clearance
- Must possess strong organizational skills, and experience with Microsoft Office suite
Desired qualifications - Direct or Related experience in
- USAF MAJCOM staff experience preferred, however sister Service or Federal Civilian Agency experience also acceptable
- One to three years MAJCOM Action Officer experience
Willingness and Ability to work full time in the Hampton, VA area. Potential for approximately 5 – 10% CONUS travel (National Capitol Region (NCR), Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, and Texas), dependent on mission need on client request.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)