Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Program Analyst
ICF is seeking a senior data analyst professional, with prior military, civil service and/or contractor experience within HQ Air Combat Command (ACC), and/or 16 AF staff/subordinate units. Candidate will provide project lead support and technical expertise. ADAPTS is the ACC Optimizing the Human Weapon System (OHWS). The ADAPTS is a program human performance tracking system that is built primarily using a SMARTABASE backbone. The ACC OHWS has embedded Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists, and Strength and Conditioning Coaches within fighter squadrons and wings in order to provide full spectrum support focused on the prevention of aircrew neck and back pain. ADAPTS will be the system that documents all encounters between embedded OHWS personnel and fighter aircrew. ADAPTS, a synchronized support system, is needed to consistently measure both individual and team performance to clearly understand the continuous, measurable impact of performing and operating in high risk, high stakes conditions over time to ensure aircrew sustain the highest levels of readiness. This capability will be phased IAW designated timelines negotiated with the contractor and Government to ensure organized priorities of work. The system shall be scalable, with the end goal of capturing an aircrew member’s entire career. ADAPTs will be designed, supported and managed in coordination with Government stakeholders.
Duties include support for all traditional elements of A-Staff support within a MAJCOM, coordination from the strategic level to operations level of war. In addition, there are numerous technical opportunities across the USAF’s cyber weapon systems portfolio. The workplace is at ACC headquarters, Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Virginia.
Candidates shall execute under the direction of government representatives the development, validation, implementation and synchronizing of ADAPTS, to capture a comprehensive performance profile of a fighter aircrew member’s career. Candidates will standardize and optimize system and human performance optimization designs and architectures; identify and coordinate emerging technology solutions and technology integration opportunities; implement innovative industry best practices and technologies that maximize efficiencies and cost savings; develop new systems while migrating infrastructure capabilities to meet mission requirements and improve operational efficiency of operators and their associated combat support teams; deliver system and infrastructure capabilities that scale to meet enterprise demand with the least re-engineering effort possible; and facilitate and monitor the ADAPTS equipment integration, interoperability, and synchronization of enterprise-wide systems and infrastructure solutions and services.
Key Tasks to be accomplished:
The ADAPTs Senior Program Advisor is responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of program operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks. Provides overall direction of program activities. Manages and maintains interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization. Consults with customers and operations personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. Establishes and maintains technical reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organizes and assigns responsibilities to subordinates, oversees the successful completion of all assigned tasks. Specific duties shall include, but are not limited to the following
- Work with the Government to establish new system requirements or new service rollouts.
- Work with career field leaders to collect data and present requirements
- Supervise ADAPTS Support Team Members (six personnel)
- Coach end-users, coaches, and managers on technology.
- Provide tactical, operational, and strategic insight
- Support system interoperability requirements with operational ADAPTS
- Assists with managing changes to project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project plan accurate, up-to-date, and within budget.
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
- Facilitate and troubleshoot a myriad of problems associated with developing complex systems or with coordinating and developing design projects
- Prepare internal/external memos, reports, documents, and correspondence as required.
- Properly manage and document project activities; assist in the development of presentations, budget projections justifications and travel as needed.
- Provides highly skilled technical and management advice to department management and personnel.
- Solicit, monitor, and communicate project performance, status, and results to leadership and the team; addresses or escalates issues as appropriate.
- Responds to inquiries about projects.
- Act as subject matter expert, project representative, and effective liaison; establish rapport, build credibility.
- Ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and classification requirements
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of complex activities involved in the collection, compilation, documentation, and management of research, trend or historical data.
- Assist in the appropriate sharing of de-identified research, trend or historical data with research collaborators and investigators.
- Identify and document programmatic risks using expert judgment and historical data; implements approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate the impact of project risk.
- Assist in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- Facilitates acquisition of all materials to support the appropriate execution of the project.
- Manage study documentation and publications from different sources.
What you need to be considered:
Experience/knowledge of a full range of USG cyberspace operations principles, directives, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, operating, managing, and maintaining services and capabilities that support functional requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Management, Administration, Finance, Operations Management, or Human Resource Management
- Possess seven or more (7+) years of experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Exercise Science, or Kinesiology
- Possess seven or more (7+) years’ professional experience managing a similar workplace/team environment
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Understanding of Government Certification and Accreditation Process
- Shall have a proficient understanding and working knowledge of computer, e-mail, voice mail, and telephone texts to perform duties
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Desired qualifications -
- USAF MAJCOM staff experience preferred, however a sister Service also acceptable
- One to three years MAJCOM Action Officer experience
Willingness and Ability to work full time in the Hampton, VA area. Potential for approximately 5 – 10% CONUS travel (National Capitol Region (NCR), Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, and Texas), dependent on mission need on client request.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)