Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Global Director of Accounting Compliance
ICF is a growth-oriented and public company with revenues of $1.48B. We seek a Global Director of Accounting Compliance to provide leadership and manage the global accounting compliance team which is based in Fairfax, Virginia. Working closely with the Corporate Controller, Internal Audit, external auditors, and key members of management, you will be responsible for overseeing the programmatic administration of the annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) management assessment, operational reviews, consultative advisory for financial system transformations, and corporate governance of global accounting policies and procedures.
You will perform an essential function within the Controller’s Team providing control expertise across corporate functions and operating groups. You will manage a team of two and be responsible for garnering support from a multitude of process owners in order to be successful in this role. This position offers excellent development opportunities to learn and grow within a progressive and fast-paced company.
Key Responsibilities Accounting Leadership:
- Mature the accounting compliance function for scalability ensuring adequate internal controls and standardized policies and procedures across financial systems.
- Lead the annual SOX assessment on behalf of management in collaboration with management testing by Internal Audit and independent testing by external auditors.
- Oversee the global accounting policies and procedures governance framework including master inventory maintenance, adherence to corporate standards, ongoing updates, and training in partnership with owners.
- Engage in advancing transformation efforts to streamline accounting systems ensuring adequate controls are considered in the development, testing, user security roles, and reporting prior to implementation.
- Collaborate with corporate compliance and internal audit on special investigations upon request assessing impact to control environment.
- Embody and reinforce the defined values of ICF’s finance department.
- Guide and continually develop team members identifying growth opportunities to expand skill set as well as enhance business acumen.
- Serve as a business partner to preemptively monitor control environment and remediation efforts providing ongoing consultation as part of current and future processes and systems.
- Partner closely with all auditors to support annual SOX assessment and client audit requests in an efficient manner.
- Oversee the annual risk assessment identifying significant locations, processes, and accounts including testing methodology for each financial system.
- Prepare quarterly SOX controls updates to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Drive recurring user access validations for all in-scope SOX systems including annual reviews of System and Organization Controls (SOC1) reports for third-party applications.
- Support the development, update, and training of global accounting policies and procedures in accordance with agreed-upon goals.
- Develop and deliver control awareness training including the Three Lines Model used in effective risk management across the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 10+ years of overall experience in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of SOX, internal controls, or internal audit experience within a mid to large size, publicly traded company
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in Accounting or Finance with a Government Contractor
- Experience working with COGNOS, Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Maconomy, Oracle HFM, and SharePoint
- Other applicable certifications (CPA/CIA/CFE/CMA)
- Proven diplomacy and consensus-building skills to establish trust and credibility
- Excellent writing and presentation/communication skills
- Superb analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to assess situations, confirm existing control gaps as well as identify new challenges and recommend solutions in a concise, practical way
- Outstanding business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and personal information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)