Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Workforce Development Director - New Jersey
Workforce Development Director
To support our recent growth in the northeast region we are currently seeking a Workforce Development Director to lead a team focused on all recruitment and staffing for a project from our Newark, NJ office. You will work hand-in-hand with our more than 60 in-house talent acquisition staff, which includes a talent pipeline team that works to understand supply and demand on an ongoing basis and keep abreast of client needs, market data and the overall requirements to fill each type of position, including tough-to-fill positions. ICF has a forward-thinking approach to talent acquisition following leading recruitment marketing best practices and investing in cutting-edge recruiting technologies and ads to promote open jobs and build awareness in key talent pools.
You will also manage and mentor other ICF professionals, bringing your expertise, best practices and resources from across our business and industry, to promote their development and support their success in the delivery of important programs, projects and tasks for our clients. Candidate must be local to New Jersey.
- Lead a team focused on recruitment, staffing, onboarding and training
- Develop a strategy and detailed plan to ensure that all key recruiting and staffing metrics are achieved
- Drive efforts that integrate diversity, equity and inclusion within our recruiting systems and processes
- Identify high quality and diverse candidates through the proactive sourcing of candidates via direct channels, job postings, social media, web sourcing, talent mapping, vendors and networking
- Oversee all reporting requirements, performance metrics and financial aspects related to recruitment and staffing (to include ICF, partners and trade allies)
- Partner closely with hiring managers, as a trusted partner and valued advisor, building a deep understanding of their business, role requirements and desired candidate profiles while delivering outstanding client service
- Establish creative sourcing strategies to locate and secure candidates with hard-to-find skills sets
- Promote ICF career opportunities to the professional community via networking, conference attendance, social media and career events
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years leading recruiting, staffing, onboarding and training functions
- 5+ years of experience leading a team (both in-house and virtual)
- Master’s degree
- Ability to establish influential partnerships at all levels
- Strategic mindset with the ability to identify new opportunities
- Recognized internally and externally for expertise in functional area
- Demonstrated experience with business development and client development
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and quality assurance/control theories, techniques and application
- Firm understanding in procurement best practices and contract administration
- Industry certifications, professional affiliations, and publications
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal employees, clients and partners
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Remote Office (NJ99)