Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - Energy & Climate
ICF Senior Consultant – Energy and Climate
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and international governments and donors. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves programme management for technical assistance energy and climate programmes, including significant work under UK-funded programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively on mitigating greenhouse gas emissions at national and international levels. Our experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes.
For example, we are currently working on:
- Implementing grant support programmes for international climate technical assistance, industrial energy efficiency and innovative low-carbon solutions.
- Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale
- Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon industry
- Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
- Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce
- Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives
- Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products
We would like to add a Senior Consultant to the Energy and Climate team, to help manage grant support programmes and support the growth of delivering low-carbon technical assistance programmes.
This recruitment is for energy and climate professionals with >5 years post-graduate experience.
Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of energy and climate consultants, engineers, and economists, often taking leadership roles to:
- Win, manage and deliver energy and climate grant programmes for public and private sector clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and cost constraints
- Promote the company at client meetings, events, networking groups and through social media channels by providing thought leadership content on pertinent topics
- Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity
- Support business development activities
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience winning and successfully delivering energy and climate consulting projects.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Proven communication skills.
- Knowledge of UK and international policies and programmes accelerating the low-carbon transition.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability.
- Proven high degree of determination to meet customers’ needs.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the energy and climate sector.
- Masters’ degree in related discipline (E.g. energy, climate, sustainability, international development).
- Experience managing global donor programmes: successfully delivering planning and budgeting responsibilities.
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones.
- Practical experience of designing and/or delivering low-carbon grant support programmes.
- Line management experience in a professional consulting environment
- Awareness of grant funding processes, standards and software.
- Strong understanding of low-carbon development and expertise in one or more energy and climate sectors, including: green finance, nature-based solutions, electric vehicles, energy efficiency and smart energy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
GB Remote Office (GB99)