Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Resilience Associate
ICF is seeking to hire an associate to help execute work on climate resilience. Our team works with all levels of government and commercial clients to enhance the resilience of energy, water, and transportation systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. The consultant will join a team that provides world-class analysis that is based in rigorous science and clearly communicated to enable proactive planning and implementation of resilience solutions.
The anticipated location for this position is in the DC, Los Angeles, or New York City areas.
What you’ll do…
- Serve as a key member on multi-disciplinary teams focused on applied climate adaptation and resilience projects for the public and private sector
- Contribute technical expertise, research, and innovation to execute work related to infrastructure resilience to climate change and extreme weather risks
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other high-quality work products
- Complete tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner
What you’ll need to have…
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to climate adaptation, such as atmospheric science, meteorology, Earth science (with a focus on physical climate science), geography, or engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze technical and quantitative information, particularly related to energy and other infrastructure, and synthesize findings for decision making
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in real time in a diversity of team settings
- Familiarity with climate change adaptation and resilience concepts
- A record of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organization skills, detail orientation, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Enthusiasm for learning quickly and creatively applying critical thinking to new problem areas
Our Preferred Skills/Experience…
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and appropriately apply climate model output and meteorological observations for climate impact and risk analyses
- Skilled in one or more programming languages (e.g., R,) to process large environmental data sets and experience performing GIS analyses in a work environment
- Demonstrated experience working with energy utilities on issues related to risk management, asset management, strategic and long-range planning, project finance, or regulatory issues
- Technical and team management experience for complex projects in a consulting environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)