Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Outreach Manager Multifamily & C&I Energy Efficiency Program- NY
Multifamily & C&I Energy Efficiency
We are currently seeking a Multifamily/Commercial and Industrial (C&I)/Technical Outreach Manager to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team and provide critical program support for a New York City based energy efficiency programs as well as other areas of the northeast.
This hands-on “player-coach” position combines program management with technical sales to help program participants reduce building energy consumption and implement clean energy projects. The seasoned professional will use her/his own experience, professional network, and best practices in account management to lead a team of energy efficiency outreach professionals. The manager will lead by example by taking ownership of the most critical accounts but will also design, implement, and track effective outreach strategies across the entire sales/outreach team to meet program objectives. The candidate will:
- Manage and track team and individual outreach goals
- Recruit multifamily, C&I, and institutional building decision makers to participate in the program
- Provide technical assistance, and guidance on energy efficient technologies, project implementation, and best practices to building owners/operators, property managers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies participating in client-sponsored existing facility and new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed
- Coach the team on effective sales and outreach strategies
- Record all projects and outreach interactions in Salesforce and use it as a central tool to manage outreach strategies across the entire outreach team.
- Effectively represent the program brand externally and be able to present and educate potential participants and stakeholders
- Review energy audits, technical specifications, energy usage, and cost calculations for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders in the building energy industry including building owners, operators, property managers, architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, public officials, public interest groups, and utility members.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with stakeholders in order to assess their needs and support their energy efficiency projects and building operation objectives.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed
- Assess commercial grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Environmental Science, Construction Management) or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience with energy management, sales, or business development in energy or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with the NYC building sector and/or in the NYC energy business
- 5+ years of experience working with and supervising teams
- Demonstrated experience in conducting outreach to decision makers and stakeholders to identify energy efficiency project opportunities in residential or commercial buildings.
- Self-driven with focus to meet assigned goals for team success and personal satisfaction
- Excellent listening skills and abilities to understand stakeholder requirements and motivations
- Communication skills to present elevator pitches for energy saving concepts and projects
- Build trust, develop relationships, and demonstrate value as a valued energy advisor and advocate for stakeholders
- Manage funnel of project opportunities from initial stages to completion using CRM
- Expand reach across accounts and develop new opportunities for advisory services
- Overcome stakeholder objections with compelling reasons to take action
- Time management skills to maximize effectiveness using software to organize schedules and track progress to goals
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies, products, and issues in both existing and new construction buildings (residential, multifamily or commercial).
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Northeast, especially New York.
- Experience with the commercial trade allies in New York City or experience building relationships with trade allies in similar markets
- Aptitude to learn technical and general industry concepts
- HVAC, lighting, building envelope, DHW, renewable energy
- Utilities and energy distribution
- Energy and environmental metrics/KPIs (kWh, therms, BTUs, MTCO2, etc.)
- Federal, state, and local policies for energy related compliance and best practices
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in energy efficiency and/or sustainability
- Perform energy modeling on various high rise residential/commercial new construction projects using OpenStudio, EnergyPlus or similar modeling software
- Previous roles of engineering, ESCO, procurement, or contractor firms
- Knowledge of NYC building energy laws and New York State building codes and practices.
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building, building science principles
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to architects, engineers, developers and other trade allies on new construction projects
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and clean energy incentives in New York City
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Certified Energy Manager, Construction Superintendent Registration, Professional Engineer, LEED other professional designation/industry certifications
- Knowledge of and real-world experience with Salesforce or another CRM application
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)