Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Partner, Scientific Communications (Open to remote)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Partner, Scientific Communications, ideally in Los Angeles but location flexible.
As a Partner, Communications you will:
Lead a biopharmaceuticals client’s strategic communications surrounding its scientific goals and achievements, product portfolio, R&D journey and commitment to bringing its valuable scientific discoveries to market (e.g., how its science is improving and/or will improve human life). These scientific communications will involve people-centric storytelling (patients, caregivers and care partners, researchers), clinical trial storytelling (participants, researchers, recruitment successes) and education efforts on conditions and symptoms (what the company is treating and studying). Client contacts are primarily in the Communications, R&D and Government Affairs functions, and this role will require a strong understanding of capabilities and operations in those functions. Additionally, this role requires a strong understanding of the regulatory environment and best practices with engaging influential stakeholders in the advocacy space.
Act as communications advisor to clients and build relationships.
- Serve as healthcare/biopharmaceuticals subject matter expert on key client account, both carrying out and overseeing the completion of project work and deliverables.
- Make strategic recommendations to clients based on subject matter expertise and understanding of business needs.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across client stakeholders and executives.
- Have existing media relationships, and create new ones, within relevant pharmaceutical and scientific communications outlets on behalf of client (in partnership with media relations team).
Oversee science-based communications strategy on client account.
- Partner with account lead to support account planning, message development and growth opportunities.
- Lead the strategy, development and implementation of scientific communications efforts (primarily external communications)
- Lead and develop client-facing deliverables supporting scientific achievements, product portfolio, R&D journey, clinical trial storytelling, and education efforts
- Understand best practices and counsel clients on how to integrate scientific communications into external storytelling efforts and platforms (earned media, paid, social media, website, cause marketing).
- Collaborate with ICF Next team to consolidate research, identify insights and present recommendations for client’s communication strategy (e.g., internal employee education efforts, external content).
- Facilitate workshops and design processes to develop strategies for communications functions.
- Lead client meetings and presentations on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with, and manage, members of the ICF Next team across lifecycle of project – ensuring development of client-ready work product and presentations.
Team leadership and mentoring.
- Mentor team members for self-improvement.
- Motivate the team to do their best work.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
As a Partner, Communications, you will have:
- 10+ years of professional management consulting experience in communications strategy
- 10+ years of client-facing experience
- 7+ years people management experience
- 7+ years of healthcare/biopharmaceutical communications experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in communications or related business degree
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Los Angeles, CA (CA75)