Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Associate, Technical Writer
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Communications Associate, Technical Writer with experience in technical writing to support our on-site team at the Office of the Chief Information Officer at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Job Location: Within the current COVID-19 landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit onsite at our client’s Atlanta, GA office location when remote working guidelines are lifted.
- Support project managers in strategic communications planning, program development, digital communications, materials development, related research and customer outreach.
- Provide administrative and logistics support across projects including managing project timelines, meetings, deliverables, and work plans, and developing meeting notes and monthly project reports.
- Assume ownership of project tasks and, with oversight from senior team members, and complete key deliverables.
- Write executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), After Actions Reports (AARs), Situation Reports (SITREPs), meeting minutes and additional project documentation, as needed.
- Draft, expand, refine and edit technical concepts, processes and solutions into comprehensive, compliant and organized documents and guidance.
- Research highly technical subject matter and create communications materials which are clear and understandable to a wide audience.
- Consult with clients and internal technical team members to produce technical design specification documentation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of consulting experience, preferably working on a client site.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop, document and publish Information Technology processes.
- Ability to understand, interpret and translate complex and technical information.
- Working knowledge of O365 and Microsoft Teams.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)