Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Bid Manager – EuropeAid and FCDO
About the team:
The Business Development team at ICF takes a lead on the capture of opportunities, the development and implementation of business development best practice and the support of technical teams in the development and submission of technical and financial bids to our clients. The team sits across all parts of ICF in Europe and Asia and works to ensure our business development efforts are working to the appropriate process, level of quality and messaging on every bid. You will be joining a growing team that is leading efforts to reach out to and lead bids for new technical areas and new clients whilst consolidating and strengthening in our core areas of expertise.
About the role:
As a Bid Manager at ICF you will coordinate and lead bid project teams (made up of technical experts, BD colleagues and other functions) according to ICF’s business development procedures. You will also provide professional support to the consulting teams, helping them to use the right tools at the right time to maximise the success of their bids. The essence of this role is being a good project manager of bid opportunities in a multi-stakeholder environment where there are a lot of moving parts. This role will work mainly with the International Consulting division so if you have experience and interest in that area this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Our main clients for that division are the European Commission, British government and other donor agencies and development banks. You will occasionally have the opportunity to support bids from other areas of the business as needed. You will be based in London, Brussels, or Birmingham but may have to travel from time to time between our offices.
Required skills and experience:
- You will need to have around a minimum of 5 years’ work experience, preferably in a consulting environment and focussed on business development activities – facilitating workshops, advising best practice, leading bid teams through complexity, etc.
- You should have a strong understanding of how EuropeAid and FCO/ DFID bids are evaluated
- You should have a strong understanding of how other donor agency bids are evaluated as well as procurement in a public-sector environment
- You will need experience managing team sites, SharePoint pages, internal databases, and pipelines
- You will need to be excellent communicator, highly organised, assertive, and determined.
- You need to be fluent in written and spoken English.
- APMP certification desirable but not essential
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.