Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Research/Evaluation Specialist
ICF seeks a Public Health Research/Evaluation Specialist to support ongoing research, evaluation, and training and technical assistance projects within the Sexual Health Portfolio in the Public Health line of business, Atlanta, GA. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing key tasks and assisting in the performance of program evaluation and research in the area of adolescent sexual health by gathering information, conducting site observations, conducting interviews, analyzing data, and helping to disseminate information through reports, and presentations.
At ICF, you will have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and prior experience to gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts in the field, and build specific content knowledge and consulting skills. Candidates must have the ability to support: (1) research and evaluation projects (conceptualize problems, implement appropriate study methods, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyses); and/or (2) training and technical assistance projects (design and implement effective training activities, work with national and state level organizations, identify and/or develop key implementation resources for local education agencies/school districts). All candidates must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with internal colleagues, clients and their constituents—experience writing and communicating with school districts and non-governmental organizations is highly desired. Candidates must have a solid grounding in public health, evaluation science, social science, or behavioral science.
Experience in any of the following content areas is needed for this position: adolescent health, sexual health, LGBTQ health, school health, and sexual health disparities elimination. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently to solve problems creatively and work effectively within a team, while contributing to overall project goals across multiple study components. Candidates must be able to synthesize qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of sources and juggle multiple tasks, have familiarity with a wide variety of public health and human services issues, are attentive to health equity and social justice in public health work, and interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional such as a recent MPH graduate with some project experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and a writing sample.
Primary responsibilities for this position will involve performing assignments related to various ongoing projects, under the direction of senior leaders. Assignments typically include the following:
- Participate in developing and implementing evaluation plans for public health programs focused on sexual health topics such as HIV/STI prevention, teen pregnancy prevention, LGBTQ+ health issues, and other sexual health concerns—with a focus on adolescent and young adult populations.
- Collect primary data through conducting interviews, focus groups, or surveys.
- Lead and/or participate in site visits and structured observations; some travel may be required.
- Perform qualitative research activities, such as: design of interview and focus group protocols, coding data, performing analysis using thematic coding and qualitative software programs such as MAXQDA.
- Writing IRB and OMB package materials; contributing to successful IRB and OMB approvals.
- Develop presentations, writing drafts of methods, approaches, and findings for client deliverables and/or publications.
- Conducting literature reviews, screening abstracts, extracting findings from literature, and translating research findings.
- Collecting and tracking data to inform evaluation or performance monitoring technical assistance.
- Other responsibilities may include manuscript development, client engagement, and independently conducting evaluation and research tasks.
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, or related field required.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in report-writing and other technical writing. (include writing samples)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) is essential in this fast-paced client oriented environment.
- Experience conducting research or evaluation in partnership with school districts, schools, or school staff is highly desired.
- Experience conducting research and evaluation of HIV, STD, and pregnancy prevention initiatives is a plus.
- Experience with government programs, particularly in a consulting environment, is highly desired.
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, or R to conduct quantitative data analyses, including descriptive data summaries and inferential statistics
- Understanding of evidence-based practices related to HIV, STD, and pregnancy prevention is a plus.
- Task management with little oversight or direction is desired.
- Experience in consulting or other similarly fast-paced, demanding environments.
- Superior writing skills including expertise in independently developing written products such as study reports, briefs, and presentations is required (writing sample may be requested).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills including professionalism, courtesy, and a cooperative attitude.
- Candidate should be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team and also be self-motivated.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)