Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking an experienced Technical Analyst to perform system and network oversight for the Network Security Branch research network and other specialized networks and testbeds. Experience with hyper-converged infrastructure software and with ICS/SCADA networks is preferred. Network oversight must adhere to established Department of Defense (DoD) and Army policies and well as organizational policies.
- Manage software and networking configuration for a research and development network composed of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers in compliance with DoD, Army, and organization policies on configuration, access, and security.
- Work closely with researchers to install and configure research-related software libraries on managed LAN devices and within virtualized environments.
- Manage and maintain virtualization and containerization solutions for virtual desktops, network research environments, and testbeds.
- Design networks, manage LAN infrastructure, troubleshoot network issues.
- Coordinate deployment and management of hyper-converged infrastructure software, including desktop-as-a-service, cloud monitoring, and software defined storage.
- Provide user account management and user onboarding on managed LAN devices and on hyper-converged infrastructure software.
Required Professional Skills:
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems, program scripting, complex software library installation.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed plans for software and network configuration.
- Understanding of virtualization and containerization solutions.
- Working knowledge of Elastic-Logstash-Kibana (ELK) stack and/or other databasing solutions.
- Understanding of hyper-converged infrastructure software concepts such as cloud services, desktop as a service (DAS), cloud monitoring, and software-defined storage; e.g., Nutanix software suite.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, operating systems.
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently within a team environment.
- Understanding of DoD and Army IA policies, guidance, and best practices.
- U.S. CitizenshipAbility to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for network administration.
- 6- 10 years relevant IT experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- SA/IASO experience on Unix server networks, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- LAN design and management.
- Hyper-converged infrastructure software deployment and management, e.g. desktop-as-a-service (DAS), cloud monitoring, software defined storage for private cloud.
- Experience with software for network traffic capture and dissection, such as tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with software for artificial intelligence and machine learning applications, such as Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Sci-Kit Learn.
- Familiarity with ICS/SCADA and control networks for vehicles, such as an understanding of the CAN bus, how electronic control units (ECUs) function and communicate, etc.
- CompTIA Server+, Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer and VMware Certified Professional, Nutanix Certified Associate or higher technical certifications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)