Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are seeking an Application Developer to support our client’s program at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. You’ll be working alongside a team of outstanding developers creating state of the art solutions to some of the country’s toughest cybersecurity and network challenges. You’ll have a chance to learn new skills and take ownership of your career.
As an Application Developer you’ll code complex and diverse software systems in support of our cybersecurity mission. You’ll need to work individually and as part of a team, review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results. You also be asked to utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment to meet project requirements.
- Work collaboratively within a team or as an individual on the assigned project to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Adjust to varying development schedules as dictated by project stakeholders needs.
- Utilizing ticketing/workflow system as part of the SDLC.
- 5 or more years of experience software development experience
- Experience with Object-Oriented design methodologies/programming (OOD/OOP)
- Experience developing applications using RDBMS and at least one year of experience with version control technologies such as Git or SVN.
- DOD 8570 compliant
- Security Clearance required
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Development experience creating web based (Create, Read, Update, Delete [CRUD]) applications preferred.
- Experience developing applications in a heterogeneous environment that includes Linux/UNIX and Windows Server infrastructure preferred.
- Experience with User interfaces highly desired.
- Experience with Laravel, Symfony, React, Angular, VueJS, and other back-end or front-end frameworks preferred.
- Experience with Composer, NPM, and related package managers preferred.
- Experience developing RESTful or API web services preferred.
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, CSV, and other data types with regard to web services preferred.
- Academic or technical publishing experience is preferred.
- Technical certifications (particularly in the security domain) are a plus: Security+, CySA+, or CEH.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)