Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Markets Analyst
To support our growth we seek a Energy Markets Analyst to work in our Commercial Energy, Distributed Energy Resources Line of Business. The Analyst will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. Analysts at ICF have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and professional experience, while interacting with experts and clients in the field.
• Assist with quantitative and economic analysis, policy and regulatory research and support, and technical analysis focused on distributed energy resources including combined heat and power (CHP)
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative research, including coordinating data collection logistics; analyzing data; and reporting results
• Serve as a team member on multiple project teams, balancing competing project demands and working with staff from interdisciplinary backgrounds
• Assist with preparation of high quality written and presentation-based deliverables, written at a level appropriate to the identified target audience
• Correspond with clients and internal staff through phone, email, and in-person communications, maintaining a high level of professionalism
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Policy, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or a related field (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• 1+ years of experience
• 3+ years of intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Exceptional research skills, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills
• Skill in relevant software, such as MS Access
• Experience with analytical writing and presenting formal reports
• Ability to work flexibly and manage competing priorities
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
• Superior attention to detail in all elements of work
• Superior interpersonal and oral communication skills including an outstanding level of professionalism
• Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of internal staff and outside clients
• Ability to take initiative and ownership with minimal direction from senior staff
• Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards.
• Builds a logical approach to solving problems based on information from multiple perspectives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)