Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Corporate Communications Manager
We are looking for an experienced, motivated communicator to help us create more visibility and excitement around the inspirational, mission-driven work of ICF – a $1.5 billion company that has doubled in size every five years for the past twenty. One of the leading consultancies and digital providers in the world, ICF works across a diverse set of industries including energy, environment, public health, education, and much, much more. Our client list is as diverse our skill set, stretching from nearly every federal agency, to various international governments, to some of the world’s leading consumer brands. We work every day to improve the lives of millions of people and help build a more prosperous and resilient world.
Help us tell our story.
We’re looking for someone to help us run an ambitious communications program. You will develop and execute a thoughtful, measurable and impactful external and internal plan that inspires our key audiences. You are a true communicator with a marketing mindset, obsessed with telling our stories across all channels and every medium. We are looking for someone with a passion for storytelling, aligned with business strategy and industry acumen, to help us share how we make meaningful impact. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to manage the development and execution of a multi-channel, integrated communications strategy.
- Help manage various external communications activities such as public/media relations, analyst relations, social media, crisis communications, reputation management, speaking opportunities, awards and more.
- Develop the strategy and manage the execution of our most important internal corporate communications channels, programs and systems, such as mass email, corporate events, the intranet, and social platforms.
- Develop, create and execute on various internal and external communication plans, focusing on both content development and project management.
- Support an active executive visibility program that includes industry, investor and employee communications, thought leadership and executive appearances.
- Contribute to a comprehensive internal and external editorial calendar.
- Help mobilize a thought leadership bureau for our “Big Thinkers and Doers,” including supporting visibility opportunities across mainstream and trade media outlets.
- Support a highly active M&A program through comprehensive communications plans and outreach.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Be a message-machine and help us translate the complex work ICF does into memorable and emotionally relevant communications, content, and assets.
- Partner with internal business stakeholders, subject matter experts and our incredible clients to develop content that highlights our people, our projects and our solutions.
- Ensure our employee and market messages are aligned and supportive of creating brand ambassadors.
- Roll up your sleeves and write. You’ll be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and editing all kinds of communications such as emails, talking points, video scripts, articles, social copy and more.
- Leverage metrics, technology, and industry best practices to develop and implement new and innovative communication mediums and tools to increase communication effectiveness.
- Teach us something new! We know the best ideas often come from those with a fresh perspective, from people who are willing to look at things differently.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
The skill set
We’re looking for someone with 8+ years of communications experience. Corporate, in-house or agency experience preferred, and if you’ve worked for large, multi-faceted organizations, that is a plus. You are detailed-oriented and an excellent writer. And are able to communicate ideas creatively and concisely, while adapting messages for all mediums and audiences. In addition you have:
- Strong organizational skills, and a creative flair that works in a fast-paced environment.
- A thorough understanding of the communications channel mix.
- Proven track record of delivering effective and creative communications programs which produce tangible results or change.
- Are equal parts analytical, strategic, and creative.
- A self-starter who can initiate and drive new projects.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional teams.
- A passion for finding new and creative ways to reach an audience.
- Experience working closely with brand and creative teams to ensure your communications are as engaging as possible.
- Command of various internal communication platforms to support channel management and measurement, including Sharepoint, Poppulo, and Yammer.
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)