Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Embedded Machine Learning Developer
ICF is seeking a motivated Software Engineer with Machine Learning, and Internet of Things (IoT) experience to be part of a talented, technical, dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities for tactical network experimentation to develop and maintain our client’s simulation/emulation testbed. The selected candidate will collaborate with researchers, and participate in implementing novel solutions to develop analytical tools utilizing machine learning, and IoT devices for tactical network experimentation.
- Design, implement and deploy embedded software for new embedded devices that include Bluetooth temperature, proximity, accelerometers, and other sensor technologies.
- Design and implement services to do ML inference on robust and varying data sources. Analyze and identify methods to improve inference speed.
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, level of effort, and time necessary project delivery.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other team members.
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration.
- Provide quality customer service.
Education, Experience, Citizenship and Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- 6- 10 years relevant software development experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area such as Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Proven working experience in developing configuring and troubleshooting applications for UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Strong design and programming skills in both Object Oriented Languages such as Java/Python as well as low level languages such as C.
- Experience with the latest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence frameworks such as TensorFlow lite, Keras, Pytorch mobile, Scikit-learn, etc.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Understanding of embedded TCP/IP communication technologies such as Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT).
- Experience designing wireless embedded systems.
- Knowledge of Coding System on Chip (SOC)/ ARM platforms as well embedded devices such as Ardunio, ESP2866/ESP32.
- Experience with Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Experience with EMANE, CORE, NS3, MinitNet and other network emulation technologies.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)