Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HPC Software Systems Engineer
ICF is seeking a talented High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Systems Engineer to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team. Our team excels in the delivery of technical competency and capabilities for tactical network experimentation to develop and maintain our client’s simulation/emulation testbed. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and systems integration primarily targeting HPC systems. The candidate will be responsible for recommendation, design, and implementation of enhancements of the client’s simulation/emulation platform and integration onto HPC systems.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions and enhancements to existing software and technology for integration into HPC systems.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify. possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and participate in presentation other team members and collaborators.
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate team collaboration
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Provide quality customer service.
Education, Experience, Citizenship and Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to maintain active DoD clearance.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant and maintain required certifications for an IAT I appointment.
- 6- 10 years relevant HPC experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in area such as Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong design and programming skills in an Object Oriented Language such as Java/Python.
- Experience development and maintenance of services deployed in complex HPC cluster architectures.
- Proven working experience in developing configuring and troubleshooting applications for UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience with HPC schedulers and resource managers such Slurm Workload Manager, Sun Grid Engine or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of core network technologies and concepts.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Experience with EMANE, CORE, NS3, MinitNet and other network emulation technologies.
- Experience with Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Network protocol analysis and design.
- Familiarity with the latest in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, Scikit-learn, etc.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)