Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Power Markets Manager
Power Markets Manager
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within the Commercial Energy Practice. You will be primarily responsible for leading projects and managing staff to deliver solutions to identified client problems, including review and presentation of analytical findings. You will use a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and develop assessments of existing and new generation resources.
- Lead teams that perform advanced quantitative and economic analyses of energy markets globally, but with a focus on North America, to assess and forecast the future of electric power and fuels markets, prices, power plant operation and valuation, environmental policies and compliance, regulatory requirements, among other parameters.
- Support the development of new opportunities by leading interactions with potential clients and supporting proposal development.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with ICF and client senior management
- Mentor and provide direction junior staff in the course of their work
- Support sales and business development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- Master’s degree in the fields of engineering, operations research, or economics
- 5+ years of work experience in energy market forecasting and analysis
- 5+ years of experience with electricity market and associated modeling tools (e.g., PROMOD, AURORA, PSLF, )
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Strong communications skills
- Experience overseeing technical staff for task delivery
- Financial analysis
- Client management experience
- Business development experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)