Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Python Developer - High Level Clearance
ICF is growing and we are hiring mid and senior level Python Developers to work on a large cyber analytics program. This work can be done remotely. A current high-level clearance is required.
As a Senior level Python Developer with ICF, you will work with our Federal Government customer, Program Subject Matter Experts, and Researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities. Your software development skills will help this important program determine how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. These roles will give you exposure to the best new advanced technologies, showcasing your talent!
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cyber personnel to understand manual analytic processes that are used to assist in the automation of those processes
- Create automated analytic capability sets (e.g., signature, behavioral, heuristic, anomalous, unsupervised-learning, predictive, and emerging)
- Develop new platforms to elicit operational effect
- Support the design, development, and deployment of production systems adhering to the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD pipeline
- Post-deployment support of continuous analysis through the full lifecycle of the capabilities
- Perform functions associated with the analysis of information, refinement of analytics and countermeasure selection, reviewing output, and making upgrades/improvements to the performance of the analytics and countermeasures.
- Design, build and maintain front-line, industrial scale workflows/pipelines to potentially process terabytes of data
- Provide end-to-end solution for a given problem and effectively communicate solutions to team
- Fine tune application performance, troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues
- Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage
- Thrive in a dynamic, multi-team fast-paced, rapid development, startup-like environment as well as work independently
- Familiarity with Agile methods and software development practices (typically 1-2 week sprints)
What you must have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- 5+ years of experience in software development to include Python and at least one Python web framework
- 5 years programming in Python
- 3 years with machine learning/data science stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, ScikitLearn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, networkx)
- 2 years developing on Spark
- 2 years developing on databases (columnar or RDBMS)
- Experience with large data sets – regularly transforming and querying terabytes of data
- Exposure to data hygiene routines and models
- Experience in database design, development and data modeling
- Expertise with Git based version control (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with a variety of analytics. Examples include: file, network, host-based, and emulytic
- Experience within some or all of these capability areas: Intrusion Detection; Analytics; Information Sharing; Intrusion Prevention; Core Infrastructure
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements is preferred
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience with EINSTEIN
- Experience with monitoring/diagnosing activity at the host, application, network, internet protocol, database, source code, and LAN layers or other areas preferred
- Experience in analytics associated with analyzing databases, source code, hosts, middleware, application, Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet networks across Open System Interconnect (OSI) model
- Experience in developing real- or near real-time automation
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. STEM background, nice to have MS/Ph.D. with basic understanding of applied mathematics is preferable but not necessary
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)