Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF in collaboration with our teaming partners, is seeking a Management Analyst for our Public Health, Informatics & Technology (PHIT) Line of Business in Silver Spring, MD. The Management Analyst, who will be employed by one of our teaming partners, will help our Department of Defense (DoD) client keep their psychological health-related projects and initiatives executing smoothly while achieving the objectives of these activities on time.
Our client, the DoD Defense Health Agency (DHA) Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE) provides national leadership in enhancing the delivery of clinical psychological health services for members of the US Armed Forces, veterans, and their families. This is not a care delivery position. Rather, PHCoE’s work supports mental health care practioners who serve active duty military, their family members, and veterans who seeking care. PHCoE provides interdisciplinary support services to include psychological health (PH) performance and analytics, PH research, PH promotion, primary care behavioral health, PH clinical care, program management, public affairs, strategic planning, and administration & operations support.
The Management Analyst position is a multi-faceted one that performs a variety of project coordination and administrative activities, supports budget research, provides recommendations, and performs analytical work requiring knowledge of administrative principles and analytical practices. The Management Analyst may also provide operational support to psychological health research activities as well (e.g., helping to coordinate the work of SMEs performing higher level research such as literature or systematic reviews). Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Helping to plan, coordinate, and monitor project/initiative execution
- Supporting the execution of mental/behavioral health-related surveys and studies; and coordinating special projects
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets to track the progress and status of work-in-progress
- Providing project coordination support services to include:
- project management-related activities
- working group coordination and execution
- meeting scheduling
- taking and publishing minutes
- interfacing directly with work group members
- engaging in work group activities (e.g., evaluating mental/behavioral health related policies, clinical practice guidelines, clinical support tools, etc.).
- Providing operational support to psychological health research efforts (e.g., ensuring researchers have access to articles they need, helping to facilitate the execution of workflows, tracking obstacles or risks that could negatively impact research efforts, etc.)
Basic Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Public Health, or other mental health-related program of study
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- At least 4 years coordinating and facilitating operational activities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets to track the progress and status of work-in-progress
- Experience monitoring activities in a service environment
- Very high-quality communications and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Nice to have):
- A 2nd degree in Management, Business / Organizational Development, Public Health, or Operations Science
- Prior experience working in a behavioral or mental health related position
- Prior Military Health System (MHS) experience
- Experience supporting DoD policy development or maintenance (e.g., updating)
- Experience with health care and medical care
- Experience with military health and procedures
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a diverse team of mental health professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience with written and oral presentation of data, ability to interact professionally with active duty military staff and clients.
- Detail-oriented, organized, fast learner, meticulous, and able to work at a fact-pace with tight deadlines.
- Skillful in the ability to engage in multiple issues and working tasks with different customers, sometimes with conflicting or competing interests.
- Flexibility and adaptability in coordinating with multiple stakeholders who are both internal and external to the client’s organization.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)