Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Web Developer/Software Developer
ICF is looking for a motivated Software Developer with solid experience in the full application development life cycle. Person will be working on a smaller development team that is responsible for creating new software, as well as maintaining and optimizing existing applications. The current work is supporting public health systems for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Historically, most of our projects have been small to medium size, which means that you will have plenty of opportunity to play an active role in each phase of project, from requirements gathering to maintenance. This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Develop a custom windows service to run scheduler
- Know how to use API’s with ASP.Net and standalone applications
- Develop, optimize, and maintain SQL queries
- Write/conduct unit, integration, and systems testing of components (when it makes sense)
- Analyze existing applications, identify issues, and devise solutions that make them better
- Be team-minded
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- 2 years of experience working with multi-tiered, secure web applications, using industry-standard best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Writes clean, concise, meaningful code in object-oriented fashion that other software engineers can easily follow and understand and document.
- Comfortable working in all layers of a software application (database to front-end)
- Talented at troubleshooting and identifying bugs, issues, and impediments; and devising efficient, cost-effective solutions, coming up with innovative ideas to optimize existing process and ready to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years of experience with C#, SQL
- 1+ year of experience with XML/XSLT/XML path
- 2 years of experience with Visual Studio, .Net Framework 3.5 and later, IIS
- Knowledge of jQuery, AJAX, JSON
- Knowledge of 508 section compliance
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Version control with (Example: Git, SVN)
- Deployment using C/I pipeline
- Telerik Controls
- SQL Reporting Service (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development
- Knowledge of different type of encryption/decryption
- Windows service
- Knowledge of AWS, AZURE, REACT would be beneficial
- Knowledge of visualization using Python, d3 JS and Power BI would be beneficial.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)