Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for a Managing Consultant to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business. We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in Network Engineering assessment combined with strong business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
The position entails managing and contributing to projects by providing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) and Technology Assessment services supporting transformation of the CDC Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and CDC OCIO stakeholders.
About the role:
- Conduct comparative research and evaluation projects under supervision of a project director
- Analyze and define network architecture requirements
- Assess configuration and design of network servers, hubs, routers, and switches
- Monitor and analyze network capacity and performance
- Assess network connectivity and performance problems
- Assess and recommend network backup and recovery procedures
- Validate cyber security policies, principles, and practices are incorporated in the delivery of network services
- Support project team on methodological aspects ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities
- Interact on a day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director
- Provide network engineering consultation regarding connectivity between on-premise network, external data center, and cloud environments.
- Determine missing or inadequate engineering needs and recommend appropriate changes
- Analyze networking policies, procedures, and standards based on current and evolving security measures
- Assess network detection and monitor tools for improvements
- Coordinate with stakeholders and ICF staff on high level security needs
- Design network security requirements in sphere of cloud service provider migration
- Evaluate new or updated networking and security tools
- Collaborate on networking reports and presentations
- Attend on-site and virtual client meetings
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science related field
- 10+ or more years of networking experience.
- Advanced knowledge of network, security protocols, software defined network and storage systems technologies
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable)
- Network certifications such as CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, or Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP)
- Excellent oral and written communications in English, thought leadership, formal presentation, including editing and proofreading skills
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)