Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is growing and so is our Purchasing team. As a Purchasing Associate, you will be responsible for executing the entire procurement process to ensure adherence to approved purchasing system policy and procedures. If you are looking for the opportunity to showcase your organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with room for professional growth, then check out ICF! This position is working with our Fairfax, VA team. Currently we are all working from home.
What you will do:
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and government rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors
- Assist in the preparation of formal requests for quote or proposal; reviews specifications and evaluate bids received
- Locate and help approve suppliers and or partners, using sources such as catalogs, internet, small business initiatives, and interviews to gather information about products and services that match requisition requirements
- Vendor development to include communication with sales representatives; updating and maintaining list of approved vendors for bidding purposes; obtaining samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and conferring with end users
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Ensure subcontractor/consultant agreements, Task Orders, and appropriate Terms and Conditions are utilized
- Negotiate price and terms of Purchase Orders with prospective vendors and suppliers
- Enter Purchase Orders into Deltek Costpoint
- Transmitting, tracking confirmations, and filing of all Procurement related documents in a timely manner ensuring compliance with corporate documentation and retention procedures
- Monitor contracts and orders and expedite delivery; arbitrate disputes with vendors
- Invoice reconciliations for office supply and business cards
- Responsible for critical thinking and intermediate decision making concerning the analysis and award of lower level procurements and agreements
What you will need:
- 1+ years of procurement experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field
- Experience working in a government contracting environment
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and CPSR requirements
- Knowledge of Procurement of IT related products and services
- Familiarity with SharePoint
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)