Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Leader
Public Health Leader
ICF seeks a Public Health Leader to grow and manage work within our expanding Public Health Practice. The ideal candidate will be a proven Public Health Leader with a track record of superior client service delivery and growth. This position will work across the leadership team in the development and implementation of short and long-term strategic plans.
This position will expand upon an already successful portfolio of established and growing customer accounts in the Federal Public Health sector. Responsibilities include successful delivery, customer satisfaction, and growing and retaining a cadre of key talent as well as partnering with the division’s business development team to develop and execute a strategic plan to grow the practice.
You will work closely with leaders across the Division, subject matter experts, other ICF stakeholders, and external partners and foster a “one ICF” solution. This role can be located either in Atlanta, Georgia or the Washington DC Metro area and consideration may be given to other locations or relocation. Travel to client sites, ICF offices and Conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
- Facilitate the effective growth of a Public Health business pipeline of pursuits worth $25M+. Opportunities may span across a variety of public health agencies including CDC, NIH, CMS, USAID and others
- Use your deep and current connections with branch & division level leaders in federal health agencies to fully understand their current and upcoming needs. Translate evolving Federal agency requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to Clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Collaborate with Leadership, Business Development, and other ICF functions; leverage ICF corporate processes, systems, and resources to ensure a robust pipeline.
- Play a key role in capture, bid and proposal processes and demonstrate deep understanding of federal contracting requirements including ability to influence acquisition strategies.
- Over time, build and manage a portfolio of Public Health business that generates >$10M in annual revenue.
- Contribute to division-level operating margin through strategic pricing, coupled with cost-effective program implementation.
- Assist in driving improvements in program performance, refine and document processes to ensure disciplined, measurable results against revenue targets.
- Oversee delivery of client commitments, ensure effective program and excellence in project quality review processes, and drive a customer satisfaction culture.
- Support organizational capability by developing team members, identify emerging leaders, invest in new talent, and ensure high levels of employee engagement.
- 10+ years of experience working in and/or supporting public health agencies with demonstrated success building work in a professional services / consulting setting
- Proven track record building operational unity and collaboration, combining business processes, and forging communication to create synergy and growth in the division
- Strong past-performance in managing the capture, bid and proposal processes often supporting multiple efforts simultaneously
- Ability to clearly articulate federal contracting requirements and build knowledge in others
- Experience working on public health projects within a professional services firm
- Demonstrated ability to foster partnership with business leadership, subject matter experts and external partners to help shape the business strategy, influence senior executives, challenge the status quo and be a “rainmaker”
- Demonstrated success as a portfolio manager with the ability to drive growth, develop staff, and manage a portfolio of at least $10M annually
- Experience working in and/or supporting public health agencies
- Demonstrated experience with P&L management or managing multiple large-scale programs
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MPH, MD, or PhD in Public Health discipline preferred.
- Experience leading a P&L in the public health market.
- Positive, pragmatic and collaborative style, with an ability to generate enthusiasm, train and develop others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a large, complex, multi-cultural, and matrix environment.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- The ability to gain the respect of peers within the ICF leadership team, forge strategic alliances, and be able to influence peers across the organization while achieving key corporate goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen; linking operational and public health strategy to ICF’s overall business strategy; focused on actions and outcomes.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and CRM tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and TEAMS).
Work we are proud of; Some of ICF’s Public Health Offerings:
Health promotion and communication: Strategic communications campaigns are a vital tool for reversing the spread of major health risks. We work with leading agencies to build public awareness. We help fuel the front lines of health promotion and public health education.
Public health surveillance: We build and maintain some of the most critical surveillance tools for monitoring public health issues. Our data collection and advanced analytics methods provide continuous information on cancer incidence, disease outbreaks, and more.
Health survey design and data collection: It takes deep expertise to design surveys and collect data from targeted, hard-to-reach populations. Our team offers vast reservoirs of experience in creating and implementing international and domestic studies to assess public health behaviors and risk factors.
Translation and dissemination: When you need to get the latest public health research into the hands of practitioners and policymakers fast, we can make it happen. Our team routinely translates science and health data into easy-to-understand findings and distributes this information to the people who need it most.
Research and evaluation: We work with clients to understand the state of the science and contribute to improved health outcomes through research, evaluation, and performance measurement.
Training and technical assistance: We provide proven training and technical assistance (TTA)—a collaborative and coordinated approach to building capacity—to clients who need to expand capabilities to achieve their public health service goals.
Learn More: about our Public Health Division: https://www.icf.com/work/health
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)