Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Learning & Development Program Manager
ICF is hiring a Program Manager for our Learning & Development Team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Management + Leadership Practice Area within the Learning & Development Team at ICF, managing company-wide people management learning programs, facilitating virtual training, curating learning offerings, designing engaging experiential learning, collaborating with vendors, and evaluating the uptake, delivery, and learner experience of the people manager continuum. This position is virtually based, but in-person training will be likely in 2021 so some travel to be expected.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the Management and Leadership learning strategy to improve people management capabilities across ICF; Prioritize and sequence areas (audience, skills, objectives) in the learning continuum.
- Conduct needs analysis with business leaders and in collaboration with other L&D practices (business development, project management, technology, professional skills, career and culture)
- Define program objectives, design and direct delivery curriculum that includes a blended approach to learning that includes coaching, classroom training, experiential learning, distance learning and self-paced learning
- Manage all aspects of program deployment for emerging and new people managers
- Serve as lead facilitator for blended learning programs using virtual classroom tools/technology. In-person training likely in 2021 and beyond, so some travel to be expected.
- Build on existing expectations of successful ICF people managers; operationalize best practices across the employee lifecycle (i.e., goal setting, performance assessment, feedback, compensation management, employee development, career development, conflict resolution, communications)
- Seek out, share, and adopt ideas and best practices inside and outside the company as a visible subject matter expert in critical people management issues, team effectiveness, employee engagement and diversity and inclusion.
- Track and report program participation, effectiveness, and completions and when something is not achieving targets investigate the root cause and make adjustments.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years relevant learning and development experience
- Deep experience in the content area spanning people management, from managing self to managing direct reports to managing intact teams to managing an organization
- Experience managing all aspects of learning projects to include: needs analysis, stakeholder engagement, design, piloting, marketing, deploying, and evaluating
- Experience with measuring and demonstrating impact of learning with variety of stakeholder audiences through concise storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Experience designing learning that is inclusive and champions dimensions of difference. Specifically, skills in promoting psychological safety, nurturing a growth mindset, and fostering belonging with people managers.
- Solid experience using virtual collaboration tools, virtual classroom technologies, HRIS, and MS O365 tools (especially Teams, Forms, Excel).
What we would like:
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Certification in key domains (SHRM, ATD, Crucial Conversations, Facet5, StrengthFinder/Gallup)
- Experience using Workday Learning
Professional Experience and Skills:
- Ability to collaborate with business leaders to define learning needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Skilled and dynamic face-to-face and virtual facilitator with variety of learning engagement and social learning strategies
- Self- and others-aware, ability to adapt/flex to situations, can challenge conventional practices and push for innovation, comfortable navigating change and managing through uncertainty
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)